Re: Round 57

Postby Cocacola on Sun May 11, 2014 7:00 am

Sometimes it isn't easy being green. :mrgreen:
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Vee on Mon May 12, 2014 3:17 am

Okay.. what are the rules in Green and online dueling?

Fuck I'm pissed off.. just sold my armour so I could upgrade and Penelope online duels me and because I'm defenseless, I of course die with 200k on hand. I now don't have the cash to upgrade next round and missed out on a potential PK!

I guess I'm lucky that I hadn't quite got the rest of the cash out of the bank! otherwise I'd be 1mil out of pocket!

V :rant:
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Cocacola on Mon May 12, 2014 5:19 am

peewee wrote:Okay.. what are the rules in Green and online dueling?

Fuck I'm pissed off.. just sold my armour so I could upgrade and Penelope online duels me and because I'm defenseless, I of course die with 200k on hand. I now don't have the cash to upgrade next round and missed out on a potential PK!

I guess I'm lucky that I hadn't quite got the rest of the cash out of the bank! otherwise I'd be 1mil out of pocket!

In green online dueling is illegal unless agreed to in mail.
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Vee on Mon May 12, 2014 7:50 am

Cocacola wrote:
peewee wrote:Okay.. what are the rules in Green and online dueling?

In green online dueling is illegal unless agreed to in mail.

That's what I thought. Didn't message me whatsoever and it is so typical of Penelope/Stryder. He used to do it all the time on Stabs... got my own back once though. He just said wait a sec... I mean really? Did he give me a sec?
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby the mystical one on Mon May 12, 2014 8:39 am

Punished.

I am also feeling extra nice (actually I'm sick, tired, and exhausted), so you'll wake up with 200k gold in your hand tomorrow.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby Vee on Mon May 12, 2014 5:20 pm

the mystical one wrote:Punished.

I am also feeling extra nice (actually I'm sick, tired, and exhausted), so you'll wake up with 200k gold in your hand tomorrow.

Sorry to hear that you are sick, tired and exhausted.. that truly sucks. Thank you so much for this.

Cheers,
V
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Byworryn on Mon May 12, 2014 6:46 pm

Dropped out, more time for work/etc. Can't keep up with the bad luck... But online duel-killing dans Vert est un non-non.
Byworryn
Headbanger of the West
Headbanger of the West

Postby Vee on Mon May 12, 2014 6:52 pm

Byworryn wrote:Dropped out, more time for work/etc. Can't keep up with the bad luck... But online duel-killing dans Vert est un non-non.

That's a shame :). Funny thing is, I enjoy online duels, but when I'm ready for them.. meaning after I've finished for the day and if it's a relatively fair fight!
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Vee on Tue May 13, 2014 4:29 am

To make up for the shitty game the day before thanks to Stryder/Penelope.. I was rewarded with a BD today :).
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Cocacola on Fri May 16, 2014 9:56 pm

In WTLORD you can duel only in the Jabber room. That' a big improvement.
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Vee on Sat May 17, 2014 3:37 pm

Cocacola wrote:In WTLORD you can duel only in the Jabber room. That' a big improvement.

What's WTLORD?
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Cocacola on Sat May 17, 2014 5:51 pm

peewee wrote:
Cocacola wrote:In WTLORD you can duel only in the Jabber room. That' a big improvement.

What's WTLORD?

Wildcat Tournament Legend Of the Red Dragon.

It was designed to run specifically in the multinode environment of Wildcat BBS software. It did not feature Olivia (at the request of Seth Able because Wizardstone had already been abandoned) but does feature the maidens/men in the forest. Because it was running in an inherently multinode environment it didn't have the multinode issues that occur in DOS LORD. There are some other, more subtle differences as well, for example it had Jabber codes instead of Jennie codes. Some of these are outlined in my FAQ.

It was intended to be run on big multinode systems and provider a competitive tournament environment, but was sometimes run on small systems in regular mode. There were other versions of TLORD but WTLORD was the most popular and is still run on some TELNETable BBSs today.
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Vee on Sun May 18, 2014 4:43 am

Cocacola wrote:
Wildcat Tournament Legend Of the Red Dragon.

It was designed to run specifically in the multinode environment of Wildcat BBS software. It did not feature Olivia (at the request of Seth Able because Wizardstone had already been abandoned) but does feature the maidens/men in the forest. Because it was running in an inherently multinode environment it didn't have the multinode issues that occur in DOS LORD. There are some other, more subtle differences as well, for example it had Jabber codes instead of Jennie codes. Some of these are outlined in my FAQ.

It was intended to be run on big multinode systems and provider a competitive tournament environment, but was sometimes run on small systems in regular mode. There were other versions of TLORD but WTLORD was the most popular and is still run on some TELNETable BBSs today.

Okay, thanks for explaining that. Never heard of it. I'm guessing TLoRD is Tournament LoRD? I still don't quite understand what it's all about lol, but thanks anyway.

V
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Cocacola on Sun May 18, 2014 9:02 am

There were several versions of TLORD ported to different systems, but WTLORD was the most popular. Back in the day I won several tournaments and got LORD posters as trophies.
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Vee on Mon May 19, 2014 12:16 am

Cocacola wrote:There were several versions of TLORD ported to different systems, but WTLORD was the most popular. Back in the day I won several tournaments and got LORD posters as trophies.

Well congrats. Do you still have the trophies? We just played for fun and then probably stirred some shit when we got bored lol :).
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Cocacola on Tue May 20, 2014 7:09 am

I have one of them on my wall right now!
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Vee on Tue May 20, 2014 4:19 pm

Cocacola wrote:I have one of them on my wall right now!

Take a pic and post it here.. I'd be interested to see what it looks like :)
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Cocacola on Tue May 20, 2014 8:16 pm

Be careful what you wish for! :mrgreen:

Full sized version here: http://3dham.com/images/lordposter1.jpg

Consider the Flag and framed CocaCola puzzle to be a bonus!
I tried to minimize the flash flare, but no such luck.

here's another version:

http://3dham.com/images/lordposter2.jpg
Last edited by Cocacola on Tue May 20, 2014 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Vee on Tue May 20, 2014 11:20 pm

Eff this bollocks! Finally caught a fairy on level 12.. only needed a small amount for a weapon upgrade.. risked it in the forest. CG took it out when I tried to run.. then I just started hitting enter, enter.. oh shit.. dead!!!! Dumb, dumb, dumb!!!!

It'll probably another week before I see another fairy :(.

Coke - I obviously didn't read your post properly. I thought you actually won a trophy and not a poster AS a trophy. Still pretty cool! And I'm guessing you really DO like CocaCola :).

V
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Cocacola on Wed May 21, 2014 9:22 pm

peewee wrote:Coke - I obviously didn't read your post properly. I thought you actually won a trophy and not a poster AS a trophy. Still pretty cool! And I'm guessing you really DO like CocaCola :).
V

I got it that framed puzzle for Christmas one year, my sister bought and assembled it and my Dad built the frame.
Unfortunately, he passed away on May 13, 1999 and she passed away on May 13, 2004, so it has a special meaning.
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

PreviousNext

Return to Green Realm