Forum Index > Talk to Admins > naLLe

Questions? Ideas? Any discussion that you'd like to have with the admins should go in this forum. Forum rules and announcements can also be found here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

naLLe

Postby naLLe on Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:01 pm

Due to certain things that happened and disagreements in admin team, I have decided to step down and leave the community. I take responsibility for my actions and I don't blame anyone else but myself for what happened. I respect tmo's decision to dismiss me from the game realm administrators. For those wonder why all this: half of the things that happened, happened in admin forum.

I may have pushed the boundaries of the rules sometimes, but one thing I can say with a clear conscience: I never broke any of them, except for once and that's what I'm going to apologize now:

Spoiler! :
My Test Realm team .FI teamplayed in the beginning of round Green 42 (the round that falknhayn won). Most of the teamplaying occured on first run and it was coordinated by me. That teamplaying helped us to get to level 12 on 1st run. Some information sharing occured later during the round, but they were small harmless things like things that people talked in Nuklear Chat. I'm sorry for all the harm caused. Fortunately, non of us won that round. This particular round was the only one when we broke the rules. As far as I remember, teamplay accusations occured when we had already stopped all teamplay actions. You suspected totally wrong things. The famous naLLe-Jazmu kill was 100% by the rules.

Thank you for these years, it was a pleasure to be part of this community and playing with you guys. Especially, I'd like to thank tmo, falknhayn, fishstick and Tilo. I really enjoyed being here. Now it's over and I have to find something else to do. Instead of stalking the realm and slaying dragons, perhaps doing something useful like spending more time with my kids.

I said to tmo that I'm going to reveal one of the bugs I'm aware of and haven't revealed earlier. It was like a hobby to me, to dig and find out things. This is how you can set your character from alive to dead without losing exp and without admin access:

Spoiler! :
It's very simple, just idle 3-5 minutes anywhere where you're about to "die" but the game revives you:

A) Turgon (or any other master) raises his Ables Sword to kill you!

<MORE> <--- idle here until the game kicks you out due to inactivity. You're dead when you enter back to realm. Useful on level 11; you don't lose any exp that day.

B) Alternatively, for example, if you have a fairy, you can do it in the forest when the fairy sacrifices itself, don't press any button at <MORE>. Idle there until you get kicked out of the game.

I never used the bugs in colored realms here, but I tried them in Test Realm and used them to gain advantage on Stabs server where I won 5 of the 5 rounds I played there.

I played more than 3 years continuously without missing a single day. On Saturday it will finally happen: you'll see my character as "2d ago". Feel free to delete it if you want.

Soppis: I'm sorry about the huntings. Good luck, I hope you can win it.

It's sad to leave, but on the other hand I was too hooked on this game so it's a relief to be able to get out. 8)

-naLLe

Left: 27 Jun 2013
- - - - -
Blue - 64 days
Green - 70 days
Red - 70 days
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Re: naLLe

Postby Sir FB on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:12 pm

Way to go, Icarus.
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Postby Ether on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:15 pm

Sorry about everything and good luck to future projects!
Ether
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby keu on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:22 pm

Take care.
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm

Postby dan on Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:51 pm

Peace Nal.

Dan
dan
Young Wizard
Young Wizard

Postby falknhayn on Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:11 pm

Well that sucks, i'm sad to see you go :(

I would intentionally play in the realms you were in because you were such good competition.

Your dedication to the admin job was incredible and i thank you for all the years of voluntary work you put in.

Maybe you'll come back for one last game when the rewrite is done, for old times sake ::wub::
falknhayn
Wans Beast
Wans Beast

Postby the mystical one on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Enjoy yourself. Come back and visit sometime.

Interestingly, in the rewrite I had fixed the master fight bug you mentioned (even had a comment next to it "in case of d/c"), but not the fairy one.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby injektilo on Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:32 pm

naLLe wrote:Thank you for these years, it was a pleasure to be part of this community and playing with you guys. Especially, I'd like to thank tmo, falknhayn, fishstick and Tilo. I really enjoyed being here. Now it's over and I have to find something else to do. Instead of stalking the realm and slaying dragons, perhaps doing something useful like spending more time with my kids.

Sad to see you go, good luck in the future. I wish it had ended better, but all good things come to an end.

I do really appreciate your admin work over the past year or so. The place wouldn't have ran as smoothly without you handing out punishments etc.

Sir FB once said to me that everyone burns out in the end. I did, you have. That's the way it goes. Now we just need to find the next person willing to push this game forward. :)
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby Ugly Duckling on Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:42 am

Well I don't personally know you, but I implore you to stay. I say suck up your pride and stay. Don't run and hide. No one is asking you to leave. If you feel it is best for you and your own then by all means take some time off. Just don't take this small and almost meaningless hiccup too personally. Everyone here has pissed off everyone who is anyone at one point. Right?

I digress.
"If organized religion is the opiate of the masses then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe." ---Kerry Thornley

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby a fishstick on Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:23 am

It was a good run, naLLe. :)!

And now! Who will I wish happy birthday to! ::oneeye::
a fishstick
Slock
Slock
Gog
  @Green Realm
a fishstick
  @Red Realm

Postby Ether on Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:29 am

Nalle sent me a in game message.

Hei hienoa kun tulis kaapista ulos :D Joko oot menny itkemaan
tasta mun nykyisesta nimesta? Selvasti loukkaa sikoja ja lihavia
naisia. Mut ymmarran tosin sen et homot on herkempia.

Google translate is accurate enough. Can someone tell him to leave me alone, thanks. Also maybe someone should point him to nearest clinic to get rid of his homophobia.
Ether
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Warrior on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:01 pm

Ether wrote:Nalle sent me a in game message.

Hei hienoa kun tulis kaapista ulos :D Joko oot menny itkemaan
tasta mun nykyisesta nimesta? Selvasti loukkaa sikoja ja lihavia
naisia. Mut ymmarran tosin sen et homot on herkempia.

Google translate is accurate enough. Can someone tell him to leave me alone, thanks. Also maybe someone should point him to nearest clinic to get rid of his homophobia.

Translation: Hey, I'm glad you came out of the closet. Have you already whined about my current name (Big Fat Pig), because it insults pigs and fat women? But I understand that gay people are more sentitive.

The comment was because Ether whined to admin about my previous nick, `$Hinuri, that is "tow truck" or "tow truck driver" in Finnish, but also has meaning "faggot" in spoken language. There's absolutely nothing wrong in that word, but for some reason Ether recognized himself and start whining to an admin (not a surprise at all, because he always whine-cry EVERYTHING).

What does it even matter what name I use? If I play as "Moron" doesn't it just mean that I'm the moran, not someone else. But if I use color yellow and a word that can refer to faggot (well the primary meaning is "tow truck driver" as I said)...Ether gets pissed. That's why I congratulated him on coming out of the closed.

I keep these yellow names because one particular color can't be reserved for someone. "Player" should be neutral enough name, or does it hurt Mr Whiner's feelings?
Warrior
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby Ether on Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:41 pm

Warrior wrote:The comment was because Ether whined to admin about my previous nick

I didn't.

Warrior wrote:blaa blaa blaa

Buu huu.
Ether
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby a fishstick on Sun Feb 23, 2014 2:55 pm

Ether wrote:I didn't.

He actually didn't. I was the one who saw it, made the connection, and asked for it to be changed. I've caused more problems. :oops: ::so?::
a fishstick
Slock
Slock
Gog
  @Green Realm
a fishstick
  @Red Realm

Postby injektilo on Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:12 pm

a fishstick wrote:
Ether wrote:I didn't.

He actually didn't. I was the one who saw it, made the connection, and asked for it to be changed. I've caused more problems. :oops: ::so?::

Yep, this is exactly what happened. Fish started an admin thread about it, Ether never instigated anything.

Ether - good move on not biting back and just requesting naLLe stop. My suggestion is to ignore any future communication and don't bite in any way.

naLLe - man, I'm so disappointed in you. You were a great admin and a great community guy, but this is just sad. Your defence of the name is laughable and you are clearly baiting Ether. Thinking that Ether dobbed you in clearly shows where your thinking lies.

Save us all the trouble and just stop it now and don't contact Ether again. You're acting like a child and I honestly expected a lot better from you.
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby marc0193 on Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:31 pm

marc0193
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby Warrior on Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:56 am

injektilo wrote:
Ether - good move on not biting back and just requesting naLLe stop. My suggestion is to ignore any future communication and don't bite in any way.

naLLe - man, I'm so disappointed in you. You were a great admin and a great community guy, but this is just sad. Your defence of the name is laughable and you are clearly baiting Ether. Thinking that Ether dobbed you in clearly shows where your thinking lies.

Save us all the trouble and just stop it now and don't contact Ether again. You're acting like a child and I honestly expected a lot better from you.

Hey stop blaming me for administration fail! It was you guys who caused the problem by bad admin call. Try google picture search using word hinuri and see how many faggots you get. Do you seriously think that there's something wrong in that name?

I contacted Ether only in private after admin had made a mistake, he started blaming me in public by saying that I should go to some clinic. He did same thing earlier with gold transfers and dueling.

Why do I always get blamed publicly? Begging gold wasn't against the rules and I killed someone 3 times in duels. Saying that it was excessive dueling is RIDICULOUS. Now this is, again, all my fault? By using name that is ~neutral.

Ugly color..hard to read.
Warrior
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby injektilo on Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:45 am

The colour is because I'm speaking officially, as an admin. I haven't had to do that in years, because we haven't had a situation like this (thankfully).

I'm not discussing anything that happened before this latest incident, that's in the past and irrelevant to this issue. Your latest message to Ether was the issue here and I've told you not to contact him again. Act like an adult and take that advice.
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby Warrior on Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:35 am

injektilo wrote:Your latest message to Ether was the issue here and I've told you not to contact him again.

The one in game or here in forum? Ingame there is no rules that says that sending messages is illegal. And in case you haven't noticed there are forum rules about Reproduction of Private and Personal Attacks. If you think that calling him Mr Whiner and congratulating on coming out of the closet (my mistake, sorry. I though it was Ether who whined) is attacking, saying that someone should go to a clinic isn't and revieling content of ingame message doesn't count? So why are you talking, as admin, only to me? I'm not the only one who has behaved badly.

I have changed the color of my name so there is nothing refering to Ether. I also changed my name to K-a-n-g-a-r-o-o (it changes to "canguru" for some reason) that is normal animal. Anything bad in that name? I can change it if it hurts someone's feelings. But wait...there isn't any rules about nicknames ingame! So if I'd change it back to `$Hinuri, it's actually not a rule violation (I won't, just saying).
Warrior
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby Sir FB on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:20 am

This is fascinating. Every day I learn something new. Tow truck driver written translates to faggot spoken. Would anyone be offended if the canguru changed his name to Molo?
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Next

Return to Talk to Admins