Forum Index > Talk to Admins > naLLe

Questions? Ideas? Any discussion that you'd like to have with the admins should go in this forum. Forum rules and announcements can also be found here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Re: naLLe

Postby Warrior on Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:28 am

Sir FB wrote:Would anyone be offended if the canguru changed his name to Molo?

That's "penis" in Finnish :)
Warrior
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby Saxypad on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:17 pm

just go with Richard....
Saxypad
Headbanger of the West
Headbanger of the West

Postby Ugly Duckling on Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:09 pm

Fascinating? More like confusing and frustrating.

Seriously...just what is going on here? Maybe when I first responded to this topic I wasn't paying attention. Or maybe SINCE I have responded some of the posts have been edited or altered. I am still not sure what I am supposed to be upset about. The teamplay or the implied insults. I am more concerned about teamplay than name calling. I am also very critical of any form of censorship. So when we go down that road of denying or banning the use of names I get very concerned. Seriously...there are a lot of names you can pick apart for flaws in merit or taste. MANY NAMES. Yet some get cherry picked over others for harassment. This I do not like. If we are going to ban the use of certain types of names make it apply to EVERYONE.

That is all.
"If organized religion is the opiate of the masses then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe." ---Kerry Thornley

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby Warrior on Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:03 am

Rules:
Unsavory behavior, such as harrassment, racial slurs, etc shall be dealt with at the judgement of the Administration team.

Unlike earlier, now it's illegal to do what I did because the rules have been changed after the incident.
Warrior
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby the mystical one on Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:21 am

It was always supposed to be covered by "The main goal of our game is to have fun, so don't feel pressure to be the best. Aim towards having fun, without ruining other people's playing experience. " We just made it more explicit.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby louisfemme on Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:42 am

Wow. Things really have changed a lot in regards to the community here. Years ago there was definitely a fair amount of competition going on, quite a few people who got a kick out of stats and stalking and all manner of stuff, but I dunno... it just all seems to have taken on a sinister turn. I mean, really... it's a game!! You aren't actually killing real dragons... Is there really any need for cyber bullying? BBS Bullying?
louisfemme
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby Manex on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:09 pm

just because i haven't been around for a while doesn't mean someone gets to usurp the troll title
Sweet Looking Little Boy
Sweet Looking Little Boy

Postby Ugly Duckling on Mon Apr 07, 2014 1:35 am

I was given the role of a troll in a play. True story. In another role, naturally I played Fool #2. Also a true story. It was the ONLY time anyone asked for my autograph. true story.
"If organized religion is the opiate of the masses then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe." ---Kerry Thornley

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby Warrior on Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:17 am

the mystical one wrote:It was always supposed to be covered by "The main goal of our game is to have fun, so don't feel pressure to be the best. Aim towards having fun, without ruining other people's playing experience. " We just made it more explicit.

In that case, is that rule supposed to cover suiciding/stealing kill/logging back and waiting someone out/unnecessary duel killing/saving to Death Sword on level 8 in Blue/and other actions that usually makes people angry and ruins their playing experience? These actions are not against the other rules, but I bet that they are ruining other people's playing experience more than some random nickname that really isn't too offensive.
Warrior
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby injektilo on Mon Apr 07, 2014 6:39 pm

I thought we were past this naLLe? Please stop trying to stir up more drama.
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby Vee on Thu Apr 10, 2014 4:55 am

Not that I want to be accused of stirring things up here, but I think that Warrior has a good point. I've never played at Nuk very long because I've found the rules a little OTT. For me the character names do not spoil my fun or ruin my game play, in fact sometimes it gives me something to laugh about. The stalking, suiciding and all the other ways people play their games is what destroys the game for me. I don't like always being the stepping stone for other players who can stalk all day long or jump on and take out my only kill after they've already played just as it did in Red Realm tonight.. but that's just the way the game goes I guess and I either stop playing here, join 'em and play as they do or have a little cry and move on :).

To be honest I cannot believe how easily people here get offended here. I agree personal attacks / bullying through private messaging or a forum such as this is not okay, but I wonder how much of it just overly sensitive people? I am very concerned that someone could take offence to a name I've chosen for myself, especially if there is a translation issue.

Maybe us island people are tough and just not offended easily? I dunno!

Well, that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Thanks for listening.
Peewee (No jokes please lol)
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby the mystical one on Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:38 am

Just for the record, it wasn't solely the character name that was an issue with nalle; the name was a contributing factor in a feud between him and another player that resulted in us asking him to change his name.

But we'd still prefer people not be inflammatory or hateful with their character names, regardless of context.

I feel that we used to have a ton more heated arguments that got personal in the distant past, though. It's a thing that happens when you have a mix of people with competitive natures and strong convictions.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby Ugly Duckling on Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:12 pm

peewee wrote:Not that I want to be accused of stirring things up here, but I think that Warrior has a good point. I've never played at Nuk very long because I've found the rules a little OTT. For me the character names do not spoil my fun or ruin my game play, in fact sometimes it gives me something to laugh about. The stalking, suiciding and all the other ways people play their games is what destroys the game for me. I don't like always being the stepping stone for other players who can stalk all day long or jump on and take out my only kill after they've already played just as it did in Red Realm tonight.. but that's just the way the game goes I guess and I either stop playing here, join 'em and play as they do or have a little cry and move on :).

To be honest I cannot believe how easily people here get offended here. I agree personal attacks / bullying through private messaging or a forum such as this is not okay, but I wonder how much of it just overly sensitive people? I am very concerned that someone could take offence to a name I've chosen for myself, especially if there is a translation issue.

Maybe us island people are tough and just not offended easily? I dunno!

Well, that's my opinion and I'm entitled to it.

Thanks for listening.
Peewee (No jokes please lol)

I think I can add some insight or input here.

This forum has some history to it. Some rather catty or nasty history. Some of it was playful unhealthy joking around that got out of control, got on some people's nerves...and then there was some stuff that was quite personal and heated and got almost everyone involved. We don't need to dig up old dramas or go into details. For many of us, I would hope that a lot of the details are lost on us. I'd imagine most of us have found other more important dramas in life to stress about. Either way, if you have been around here as long as I have you would know why people can be sensitive.

I had a particular reputation in this forum as being a troll. I was banned from this forum at least once...but it was probably more than that. I thought I would NEVER be able to return to this site. Long story short, I learned that my banning was simply about one thing. One very important thing that I understand and respect.

It was about protection. Protection from harassment. People do not deserve to be harassed here. It will not be tolerated.

I was very angry about my banning. However, once I realized what it was all about I took the proper steps to address it like an adult. Our little issue here with NaLLe or Warrior does not reflect that kind of maturity or commitment. That's fine...let the little bugger figure things out for himself. But I'd rather see him find himself somewhere else other than here. It will be quicker that way. Believe me. I speak from experience. Clearly the guy is trolling this forum, the game and our patience. I'm not going to just sit here and take it, say nothing like everyone else. I say screw him. Ban him for all I care. Its bullshit really... believe me I know! I was him! I know exactly what he is doing.

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby exitzero on Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:58 pm

exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Blue Realm
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby Warrior on Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:05 am

Warrior
Black Owl
Black Owl

Postby Vee on Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:07 am

I'm guessing that these discussions are giving the guy what he wants.. some excitement in his life? So, I will choose to end my part now and ignore him :). Banning won't achieve much, unless of course that's what he wants.
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby naLLe on Tue Jan 20, 2015 2:18 am

Now retirement attempt 2! I'll be visiting here, but no more characters (and no more incidents). Winning all 3 realms in my last round is the best way to (re-)retire as player 8)

- 9 wins in total (as naLLe, Gorilla, Grandma)
- winning all three realms in round 59 (as Grandma)
- 40 duel-kills in Red 57 (more about it here)

So this was absolutely my last round. Feel free to ban on sight if you see me playing anymore :)
naLLe
Earthshaker
Earthshaker

Postby Jessrond on Wed Jan 21, 2015 12:00 am

Can I reverse troll you?
Jessrond
Wans Beast
Wans Beast
NarcoticNico
  @Blue Realm
RaineShower