Forum Index > Talk to Admins > I get kicked off the server when trying to play LoRD

Questions? Ideas? Any discussion that you'd like to have with the admins should go in this forum. Forum rules and announcements can also be found here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

I get kicked off the server when trying to play LoRD

Postby usagi704 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:22 am

Hi, I play as 'Leonardo' in the blue realm. I've been having a problem with being forced off of the LoRD server every time I try to play within the last 24 hours. Here is a screenshot of what I experience when using PuTTY: Image
usagi704
Bran The Warrior
Bran The Warrior

Re: I get kicked off the server when trying to play LoRD

Postby tomal on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:28 am

Possibly out of time like I am in red. You can check your time remaining in the forum form User Control Panel / Nuklear LORD Settings
tomal
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth
Tomal
  @Blue Realm
Tomal
  @Green Realm
Tomal
  @Red Realm

Postby Vee on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:37 am

After reading the previous post by Tomal I checked out my times prior to logging in and there is definitely something up. I hadn't even entered the games since midnight reset and I had only 22min left in one game, 27min in one and 24min in another. I'm guessing that these were yesterdays times as I know I flew through them pretty quickly and died pretty quickly in another :).

The 'out of time' message I've had in the past is quite different to the one you posted though.
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby tomal on Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:50 am

Yes, the out of time message is different, but I suppose most clients like PuTTY would show the message 'Connection closed by remote host' afterwards, and if the client clears the screen before displaying that you might never see the actual out of time message.
tomal
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth
Tomal
  @Blue Realm
Tomal
  @Green Realm
Tomal
  @Red Realm

Postby Vee on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:06 am

tomal wrote:Yes, the out of time message is different, but I suppose most clients like PuTTY would show the message 'Connection closed by remote host' afterwards, and if the client clears the screen before displaying that you might never see the actual out of time message.

Ah, that might make sense. I haven't used Putty in ages... and it wasn't until recently that I even knew there was a 30min time limit in the games. Which pretty much put a stop to my in game messaging :)
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby usagi704 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:12 am

tomal wrote:Possibly out of time like I am in red. You can check your time remaining in the forum form User Control Panel / Nuklear LORD Settings

I didn't even play today because of this problem. It said I have 00:32 left. I have been playing for a few months now and have never had this issue before today.
usagi704
Bran The Warrior
Bran The Warrior

Postby Vee on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:19 am

usagi704 wrote:I didn't even play today because of this problem. It said I have 00:32 left. I have been playing for a few months now and have never had this issue before today.

Sorry to hear that and I'd be seriously bummed if that happened to me. There's clearly something wrong as that shouldn't happen unless you had been playing for 29:68 of the new day... and clearly you hadn't.
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:32 pm

The connection issues are probably part of the switchover from one server to the next... should clear up in a day or so. If anyone still has this problem past Saturday, plesae let me know.
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-

Postby tomal on Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:27 pm

Nuke Skyjumper wrote:The connection issues are probably part of the switchover from one server to the next... should clear up in a day or so. If anyone still has this problem past Saturday, plesae let me know.

My issue is not the connection. I can log into green just fine, but red throws me out with the 'god strikes you unconscious' message, because I have only three seconds playing time left despite not having played today. There is clearly something wrong with the midnight maintenance. I am going to lose the day unless the time is manually reset in the next few hours. And I am not much better off in green. I have enough time to play today, but not tomorrow if the time is not properly reset next midnight.
tomal
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth
Tomal
  @Blue Realm
Tomal
  @Green Realm
Tomal
  @Red Realm

Postby usagi704 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:44 pm

tomal wrote:
Nuke Skyjumper wrote:The connection issues are probably part of the switchover from one server to the next... should clear up in a day or so. If anyone still has this problem past Saturday, plesae let me know.

My issue is not the connection. I can log into green just fine, but red throws me out with the 'god strikes you unconscious' message, because I have only three seconds playing time left despite not having played today. There is clearly something wrong with the midnight maintenance. I am going to lose the day unless the time is manually reset in the next few hours. And I am not much better off in green. I have enough time to play today, but not tomorrow if the time is not properly reset next midnight.

Sounds about right to me.
usagi704
Bran The Warrior
Bran The Warrior

Return to Talk to Admins