Forum Index > Talk to Admins > Midnight Master Maintenance Isn't Working

Questions? Ideas? Any discussion that you'd like to have with the admins should go in this forum. Forum rules and announcements can also be found here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Re: Midnight Master Maintenance Isn't Working

Postby injektilo on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:44 pm

Nuke Skyjumper wrote:Ok, it seems the latest realm data we have is from the day of Aug 3 becoming Aug 4, so I'm restoring that.

Hopefully this will be close enough. There are still some issues that need worked out of this whole system.

Thanks, as always.

Anything we can do to help in any way?
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby Vee on Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:53 pm

Kryptix wrote:Nope it was Wednesday here too but I think they meant to say that they are starting at 12AM Thursday, AFTER Wednesday.

You know what, midnight and midday have always really confused the hell out of me when referring to am or pm. And now I come to think of it, I have always wondered if midnight referred to was the start of a new day or the end of the previous day... So guess I was neither right nor wrong in this case.
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Wed Aug 13, 2014 11:09 pm

injektilo wrote:Anything we can do to help in any way?

Report any issues on the forum, and make sure to keep playing. Every time we lose a player the site dies just a little bit.
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-

Postby injektilo on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:23 pm

Nuke Skyjumper wrote:and make sure to keep playing. Every time we lose a player the site dies just a little bit.

Ugh. Fine then.

:mrgreen:
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:54 pm

injektilo wrote:Ugh. Fine then.

:mrgreen:

LOL @ your player name ::oneeye::
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-

Postby Sir FB on Thu Aug 14, 2014 11:02 pm

I was going to keep my mouth shut, but that would not be true to my nature.

There's probably nothing on earth that is going to prevent the slow eventual decay of Nuklear LORD. However, if you want to hasten the process, just randomly shut down the realms for days at a time. Nuklear LORD is like cigarettes, or any other bad habit. Give people a little break from it, and they will find other ways to waste their time.

I can appreciate that winning is super important to some people and that if they lose a day or someone gains a day on them, they whine and cry about how things are unfair. However, pandering to the uber competitive few makes life kinda shitty for the fort or fifty of us who aren't all that concerned with whether we lost a day or not. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but watch and see, I bet we have ten percent attrition across the realms due to this little three day hiatus.
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:08 pm

Sir FB wrote:I was going to keep my mouth shut, but that would not be true to my nature.

There's probably nothing on earth that is going to prevent the slow eventual decay of Nuklear LORD. However, if you want to hasten the process, just randomly shut down the realms for days at a time. Nuklear LORD is like cigarettes, or any other bad habit. Give people a little break from it, and they will find other ways to waste their time.

I can appreciate that winning is super important to some people and that if they lose a day or someone gains a day on them, they whine and cry about how things are unfair. However, pandering to the uber competitive few makes life kinda shitty for the fort or fifty of us who aren't all that concerned with whether we lost a day or not. Maybe I'm wrong about this, but watch and see, I bet we have ten percent attrition across the realms due to this little three day hiatus.

I'm aware of and concerned about exactly that. The fact is that we didn't have a lot of choice, this is a complicated system to get working, and I was forced by circumstances to move it to a new server without a lot of time to prepare.

Regarding the future of the site, I'd like to see it not completely die, especially when plenty of other simple games are roaring in popularity. I have some ideas, maybe they can be discussed in another thread.
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-

Postby Sir FB on Fri Aug 15, 2014 5:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I knew the server switch could not be avoided. It seemed we had a further delay by choice so that everyone could play their day, maybe I didn't fully understand the circumstances.

Your work is appreciated
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Previous

Return to Talk to Admins