Forum Index > Talk to Admins > Midnight Master Maintenance Isn't Working

Questions? Ideas? Any discussion that you'd like to have with the admins should go in this forum. Forum rules and announcements can also be found here.

Moderator: Board Moderators

Midnight Master Maintenance Isn't Working

Postby exitzero on Fri Aug 08, 2014 10:49 pm

I posted about this yesterday, but posting again for posterity because it's pretty important.

For one reason or another, the game is failing to shut down at 23:30 Nuklear time and run Midnight Maintenance at 00:00-00:03 Nuklear time. Not sure why this is happening, but as Tomal has pointed out, this is causing everyone's play time to not be reset to the allotted 30 minutes of playtime.

So once everyone runs out of 30 minutes of play time in a realm (From Thursday on), they will no longer be able to play until this issue is fixed.

If possible, I vote to reroll the game to Thursdays stats, before the day started, because this is when this issue began.
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Re: Midnight Master Maintenance Isn't Working

Postby exitzero on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:18 pm

Your command, Amanda? [0:1] : (*** GOD STRIKES YOU UNCONSCIOUS (OUT OF BBS TIME!) ***)

RETURNING TO THE MUNDANE WORLD...

Just ran out of time in Red Realm from using the 30 minutes from Thursday, Friday, and today (Saturday), So I won't be able to play in Red Realm until Midnight Maintenance is fixed.

---

This is why I vote to reroll the day back to the start of Thursday Aug 7. Because this is when the game was last working correctly, and I know that several people have lost days due to this issue.
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby usagi704 on Fri Aug 08, 2014 11:56 pm

exitzero wrote:
Your command, Amanda? [0:1] : (*** GOD STRIKES YOU UNCONSCIOUS (OUT OF BBS TIME!) ***)

RETURNING TO THE MUNDANE WORLD...

Just ran out of time in Red Realm from using the 30 minutes from Thursday, Friday, and today (Saturday), So I won't be able to play in Red Realm until Midnight Maintenance is fixed.

---

This is why I vote to reroll the day back to the start of Thursday Aug 7. Because this is when the game was last working correctly, and I know that several people have lost days due to this issue.

Agreed. I am perfectly fine with setting the game back to just before this issue started.
usagi704
Bran The Warrior
Bran The Warrior

Postby tomal on Sat Aug 09, 2014 6:32 am

I support the request to roll back.

I already missed one day in red and possibly lost a big kill the day before because of this issue. In green I didn't lose much until today, but after yesterday I now have ~2 minutes remaining.
tomal
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth
Tomal
  @Blue Realm
Tomal
  @Green Realm
Tomal
  @Red Realm

Postby usagi704 on Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:00 am

Just a quick check in to say that, yup, still can't play.
usagi704
Bran The Warrior
Bran The Warrior

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Sun Aug 10, 2014 5:08 pm

Ok, I think this might be fixed. We'll have to wait until tonight to find out.

Should we roll back the realms a few days?
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-

Postby a fishstick on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:13 pm

Thursday, August 7th okay for everyone? It's been the only suggestion so far.
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby exitzero on Sun Aug 10, 2014 7:59 pm

I believe it's the fairest choice to reset the stats to the beginning of August 7 imo (before the day was played), because that's when everything was last working correctly.

I've had several good days in Red since then, but still believe we should rollback to Aug 7 because I know that many people have lost days, and I think it's the fairest option for everyone.
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby a fishstick on Sun Aug 10, 2014 9:54 pm

I'd like to make that Thursday start last a total of two days (48 hours) if possible because, as most have noticed, there are a lot of people who haven't played in a few days and giving them 48 hours would probably be best. And it might make the inevitable three day hyper-resurrect less unbalancing than it will inevitably (also surely) be.
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:32 pm

Should we wait a few days with a warning, "the game will resume from last thursday's stats, this wednesday night" or something?

Just looking for ideas. Usually tmo does this stuff so I'm not sure how it usually goes.
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-

Postby exitzero on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:01 pm

Nuke Skyjumper wrote:Should we wait a few days with a warning, "the game will resume from last thursday's stats, this wednesday night" or something?

Just looking for ideas. Usually tmo does this stuff so I'm not sure how it usually goes.

This seems reasonable. Maybe shut the game down ASAP with a message saying the game will resume on Wednesday Nuklear Midnight (Aug 13), rerolled to last Thursdays stats (Aug 7) before that day began.

EDIT: I just checked the stats just now, and it seems like the Midnight Master robot didn't perform maintenance again. It's still showing yesterday's stats. I also noticed something weird on the clock on the stats page. It quickly flashes the time as 22:07:00, but then goes to the correct nuklear time, which is 00:07:00 at the moment. Would this have anything to do with the midnight maintenance not working properly? Is the server based in Mountain time rather than EST like it was before? That's the only explanation I can think of why the time might be doing that.
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby Kryptix on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:36 pm

Grandma's had a few good days :) I'm up for it either way I just had a bad day in blue to balance a couple of good days there so it works out about even for me...
Kryptix
Evil Wood Nymph
Evil Wood Nymph

Postby Vee on Sun Aug 10, 2014 11:54 pm

I'm not fussed either way.. I've been on 12 in all three games since the beginning of time :)
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Maverick1978 on Tue Aug 12, 2014 8:34 am

Hmm. So we were supposed to be moved back to last Thursday the 7th, IIRC, correct? If so, it doesn't seem to have worked. I still have a DK I shouldn't, and it appears that more than half of the players in all realms have now disappeared from the realms due to inactivity. I don't recall everyone being at the 6d mark last Wednesday...

Can we get an official word on whether this worked or not? Whether we're going to rollback or not? If there's other issues due to the server move, then that's quite ok with me, just wouldn't mind knowing so I know whether I can write off this round as a "beta" for the new server, or whether I still need to worry about playing competitively :)
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby exitzero on Tue Aug 12, 2014 12:14 pm

This message is displayed when trying to enter the game:

We've decided to roll back the stats to last Thursday (before the server move)
and resume the game this Wednesday (August 13) at Midnight Nuklear Time.

We'll stay down until Wednesday, so everyone can catch up.

Thanks for playing and keeping the site alive!
-Nuke

So hopefully this Wednesday Nuklear midnight (Aug 13) everything will be rolled back to Thurs Aug 7, and everything will be fixed :mrgreen:
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby the mystical one on Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:52 pm

Sorry I am in Mexico!
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby injektilo on Tue Aug 12, 2014 6:17 pm

the mystical one wrote:Sorry I am in Mexico!

Medianoche Mantenimiento Maestro no está funcionando.
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby Vee on Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:52 am

Okay, so I was patiently waiting for Wednesday midnight reset to happen... log in and denied... then I realise that while it may've been Wednesday here, it wasn't there :(.
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Kryptix on Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:40 pm

Nope it was Wednesday here too but I think they meant to say that they are starting at 12AM Thursday, AFTER Wednesday.
Kryptix
Evil Wood Nymph
Evil Wood Nymph

Postby Nuke Skyjumper on Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:57 pm

Ok, it seems the latest realm data we have is from the day of Aug 3 becoming Aug 4, so I'm restoring that.

Hopefully this will be close enough. There are still some issues that need worked out of this whole system.
Nuke Skyjumper
-=[ Ye Olde Sysop ]=-

Next

Return to Talk to Admins