Forum Index > All Realms > I'm Baaaccckkkk! (Almost!)

Realm discussion - minus limitations.

Moderator: Board Moderators

I'm Baaaccckkkk! (Almost!)

Postby Mischief T. Maker on Thu Jul 31, 2014 8:28 pm

Hey gang! Long time no see and play, but I hope to be ready to join back in the fun on the next round. Got my reconstruction surgery coming up next Thursday on my elbow (no bionics this time), and about a month of physical therapy after that. So, I am stoked, because typing for me has become a chore with no feeling in my left hand. The voice recognition sucks even more as it doesn't seem to pick up southern accents peppered with cajun too easily. Looking forward to it, see ya soon!
And close your eyes with holy dread,
For he on honey-dew hath fed,
And drunk the milk of Paradise.

from "Kubla Khan or A Vision in a Dream" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Mischief T. Maker
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Re: I'm Baaaccckkkk! (Almost!)

Postby injektilo on Thu Jul 31, 2014 11:59 pm

Mischief T. Maker wrote:Got my reconstruction surgery coming up next Thursday on my elbow (no bionics this time), and about a month of physical therapy after that. So, I am stoked, because typing for me has become a chore with no feeling in my left hand.

Pressing A in the forest over and over sure can be brutal.
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus

Postby Vee on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:04 am

Hey there,

Hope you're gonna rejoin the Stabs crew again too? We need some of the old players back there as well :).
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Sir FB on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:26 am

Why wait till the round starts? Is it not possible to enjoy playing LORD without any prospect of winning?.
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Postby Mischief T. Maker on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:17 pm

injektilo wrote:Pressing A in the forest over and over sure can be brutal.

I have missed the wit around here for certain, tilo! lol. I haven't played because, along with the elbow dislocation, I inherited a myriad of symptoms including cubital tunnel syndrom and ulnar tunnel syndrome. The cubital tunnel affects not only my elbow, but upwards to my neck, so I can't sit still for too long at all or I start getting headaches, severe aches in my neck, etc., and the ulnar tunnel, which is related has left half of my left hand barely functional. My pinky finger (A) doesn't know what it is doing sometimes and I could go into (A) mode without even wanting too. Pinky has a mind of it's own...sometimes and stretching over with the right hand to do it just aggravates the hell out of my neck. When you have had your elbow totally come unhinged and swiveling around 720 degrees, you'd understand. Right now, I'm already over this typing.

Sir FB wrote:Why wait till the round starts? Is it not possible to enjoy playing LORD without any prospect of winning?.

What's been happening SirFB? To answer your question, I have never won a round here, but enjoy playing regardless of how I finish. Right now, the kids are still out of school and they are hogging my 10G of hotspot each month. Another reason, I am waiting to start. If I wasn't using a friends computer at the moment, I'd be lucky to have enough bandwidth to do this post! ::banghead:: ::violin::

Vee wrote:Hey there,

Hope you're gonna rejoin the Stabs crew again too? We need some of the old players back there as well :).

Hey Vee! I will be making the rounds over at Stabs as well. Missed you guys too!

Mischief T. Maker
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby Vee on Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:47 pm

That's great news! I had wondered how things were going with you the other day actually. I must've seen your name crop up on the FB group or something.

I was hanrav or wahwah back when you were playing at Stabs previously, but don't go by either of those stupid names anymore :).

Vee
Vee
Silent Death
Silent Death

Postby Mischief T. Maker on Fri Aug 08, 2014 9:05 pm

I am officially back now, but will probably be on an intermittent routine for a bit while I do the physical therapy thing. I had the surgery yesterday and I have to say, so far, so good! The pain isn't as bad as I expected (I'm sure that will change during therapy), but it is incredible that I have regained a lot of feeling in my left hand, though still a little numbness and tingling, but hey, I'll take it! Also, the pain in my neck has virtually disappeared! I don't know why they gave me all those pain pills! lol, I have been dealing with worse! It's good to be back!

P.S. I really dig the three realms being open now, way cool tmo! I can satisfy my jonesing for being away so long. Now, I'm in the fields in all three realms. Somebody go stick a Wan's Weapon thru me and dance over my corpse and make me feel back at home!

Mischief T. Maker
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Return to All Realms