Forum Index > Strategy > 4M Armor at level 9?

For discussing tips, strategies, and skills... Or just asking "How did you do that?"

Moderators: injektilo, Board Moderators

4M Armor at level 9?

Postby Kryptix on Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:42 pm

Normally I'd probably go 1M/1M up to 12, however, I was wondering since its still early enough in the round that a couple SD kills can go a long way, what people thought of going to 1M/4M at level 9 instead? It raises your No Fairy No HOTT odds at Turgon by a good 20% too and 4M never hurts at level 12 if you get power moved etc. Is the interest on that extra 4M in the bank going to really make a difference at getting to 100/40 for your first DK anyway?
Kryptix
Evil Wood Nymph
Evil Wood Nymph

Re: 4M Armor at level 9?

Postby the mystical one on Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:21 pm

One first dragons, 1/4 is not a bad combination; gives extra survivability in the forest.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby (DK) Orion on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:26 am

I don't think I would ever spend the 4 mil; but if I did I would always go weapon first.
Better for Kills and better to get past the master.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
(DK) Orion
Eternal Sovereign Lord of Righteous Judgment
Eternal Sovereign Lord of Righteous Judgment

Postby Kryptix on Fri Jul 25, 2014 8:30 pm

(DK) Orion wrote:I don't think I would ever spend the 4 mil; but if I did I would always go weapon first.
Better for Kills and better to get past the master.

Actually the armor raises your chances vs the Master more than the weapon, and the issue here was that I was the highest level, highest exp at the time, so any kills would have been same level or striking down anyway (where my weapon didn't really matter) but the armor potentially might have let me survive an extra T. Not sure though, because I ended up doing it and it seems to have worked out OK (I actually went 4M/4M while waiting to go up to 12 but still lost to Turgon even with HOTT...) Got him the next day though, but it was close because my FFs only left me just over 10 million the second day.

In Red though, I've been 1 shot in the forest 2 days in a row once on the first FF and once on the 10th even though I have 10M armor...
Kryptix
Evil Wood Nymph
Evil Wood Nymph

Return to Strategy