Forum Index > Strategy > How to Deal with Level 10/11

For discussing tips, strategies, and skills... Or just asking "How did you do that?"

Moderators: injektilo, Board Moderators

How to Deal with Level 10/11

Postby HotShot on Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:29 pm

The best way to deal with levels 10 and 11 are to skip them altogether. Stay at level 8/9 until you get a Wan's Weapon, Full Body Armor, and >10m experience, then go directly to level 12. But if you move up too quickly and feel stuck at 10 or 11, here are some tips that may help.

On each day
1. Wait until there is a high experience player offline and alive either one level below or above you. Log in and then kill that player first, before you do anything else.

2. If the kill gives you >10m experience, fight the masters. Use JENNIE HOTT on either Gandalf or Turgon.

(There is a debate over whether it is better to use it on Gandalf or on Turgon. I am personally of the opinion that it is better to be stuck at level 11 where there is the possibility of making a chunk of money with skills than at 10 where the monsters give very little money.)

3. If you beat the masters, congrats. You have made it to level 12. With a Wan's Weapon and Full Body Armor you will be able to take on many of the monsters in the forest and accumulate gold rapidly.

If you lost, fight in the forest and use your remaining skills. You may find the following monster guides helpful. (Hat tip to GlaciusCool for compiling the stats.)

For level 10,
Code: Select all
Monster                    Str     Exp     HP     Gold
-------------------------  ---  ------  -----  -------
Black Sorcerer              86     187     25    2,838
Adult Gold Dragon          565  15,364  3,222   56,444
Tiger of the Deep Jungle   587   9,766  3,101   43,933
Brand the Wanderer         643  13,744  2,788   38,755
Slock                      744  14,333  1,675   56,444
Death Dealer               765  13,877  1,764   47,333
Floating Evil Eye          776  13,455  2,232   43,233
The Grimmest Reaper        878  14,237  1,674   39,844
Toraks son, Korak          921  13,877  1,384   46,575
Kill Joy                   988  25,766  3,222  168,844
Sweet Looking Little Girl  989  14,534  1,232   52,322

I would run from Slock, Death Dealer, Floating Evil Eye, and The Grimmest Reaper. If you have T uses, you can T skill Toraks son, Korak and Sweet Looking Little Girl since they have low hitpoints. Fight Adult Gold Dragon and Tiger of the Deep Jungle, but run if your hitpoints go too low.

For level 11,
Code: Select all
Monster                      Str     Exp     HP     Gold
-------------------------  -----  ------  -----  -------
Vegetable Creature           111   2,187    172    4,838
Ables' Creature              985  28,222  2,455  176,775
Gorma the Leper            1,132  26,333  2,766  168,774
Shogun Warrior             1,143  26,555  3,878  165,433
Madman                     1,265  25,665  1,764  149,564
White Bear of Lore         1,344  16,775  1,875   65,544
Sheena the Shapechanger    1,463  26,655  1,898  165,755
Apparently Weak Old Woman  1,543  37,762  1,878  173,522
Mountain                   1,544  38,774  1,284  186,454
ShadowStormWarrior         1,655  26,181  2,767  162,445
Cyclops Warrior            1,744  49,299  2,899  204,000

I would T skill Mountain, Sheena the Shapechanger, and Madman. Run from everything else. If you have the Blood Armor (4m), you can go after Able's Creature and Gorma the Leper as well with normal attacks. If you run out of thieving skills, you can try to kill Mountain or Madman, but you are likely to fail.

Note that Kill Joy and Cyclops Warrior do not show up because of a bug in this version of LORD.

That's pretty much it. If I think of something else I will add it. Above all, don't give up. It's not impossible to get out of 10 or 11 - you just need some patience and a few good kills. After a while, you may actually get good at those levels and end up voluntarily moving up to level 11 without 10m experience. :)!
HotShot
Humongous Black Wyre
Humongous Black Wyre

Postby Manex on Sat Nov 25, 2006 1:39 pm

Bonus points to HotShot for doing that for noobies.

But wait, allow me to predict the future and say what Amadeus will say:

"HotShot you should be letting the noobs figure this out on their own. I never used this strategy section and nobody else should either. brb to redicule you noobs more, but I have to memorize the weapon/armor tables for fighting the dragon. I mean practice my lord micro to pwn u all!"
Sweet Looking Little Boy
Sweet Looking Little Boy

Postby Silver Girl on Sat Nov 25, 2006 2:28 pm

eww, tmo, you got it all sticky! :biggergrin:
"i do not mean to upset people, allcock, but i have to speak my mind because what is in my mind
is always more interesting than what is happening in the world outside my mind."

-johnny depp in 'the libertine'
Silver Girl
Lay Queen
Lay Queen

Postby Amadeus on Sat Nov 25, 2006 5:58 pm

This is absolutely stupid.

And pathethic.

Manex wrote:Bonus points to HotShot for doing that for noobies.

But wait, allow me to predict the future and say what Amadeus will say:

"HotShot you should be letting the noobs figure this out on their own. I never used this strategy section and nobody else should either. brb to redicule you noobs more, but I have to memorize the weapon/armor tables for fighting the dragon. I mean practice my lord micro to pwn u all!"

I just don't like when people are treated like mongoloides.

They will be mongoloides forever.
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
Amadeus
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby the mystical one on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:20 pm

So, people who go to school end up remaining mogoloids, while people who don't go to school and have to learn everything on their own become better and smarter?
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby Ram on Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:51 pm

The Mystical One wrote:So, people who go to school end up remaining mogoloids, while people who don't go to school and have to learn everything on their own become better and smarter?

Wow. Things now look different in my eyes. I just got accepted into the college I want to go to, and now I'm thinking about just getting a job playing with shit for the rest of my life rather than becoming a mongoloid.

THANKS FOR THE ADVICE!!! :mrgreen:
25 rounds, 71 :dragon:
Overall Avg: 2.84 DK / Round | Last 3 Avg: 4.00 DK / Round | Wins: 2
Physucks :D
Ram
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Postby LinkXero on Sat Nov 25, 2006 8:02 pm

Good Job Hotshot.. I just found my self at lvl 10 way to early this round and did what your advice said!
Needless to say im in 1st :wink: no big deal
LinkXero
Bald Medusa
Bald Medusa

Postby DariusSongblade on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:26 pm

LinkXero wrote:Good Job Hotshot.. I just found my self at lvl 10 way to early this round and did what your advice said!
Needless to say im in 1st :wink: no big deal

I see 7 people tied for 1st. After 10m exp, it doesn't matter. Actions will determine our ranking!
DariusSongblade
Ex-SOLDIER
Ex-SOLDIER

Postby Sir FB on Sat Nov 25, 2006 10:56 pm

The Mystical One wrote:So, people who go to school end up remaining mogoloids, while people who don't go to school and have to learn everything on their own become better and smarter?

Ever hear of a guy named Thomas Edison? How about Henry Ford?

Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard as a Junior. George Bush got an MBA at the same school.

Were you baiting me or were you serious in your inquiry :shock: ?
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Postby Ram on Sat Nov 25, 2006 11:52 pm

Sir FB wrote:

Bill Gates dropped out of Harvard as a Junior. George Bush got an MBA at the same school.

Education can have many effects.....it just depends on how you use it.
25 rounds, 71 :dragon:
Overall Avg: 2.84 DK / Round | Last 3 Avg: 4.00 DK / Round | Wins: 2
Physucks :D
Ram
Dragon Slayer
Dragon Slayer

Postby Amadeus on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:05 am

YES
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
Amadeus
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby the mystical one on Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:56 am

Sir FB wrote:

The answer to everything you ask is yes. Though I meant school, not solely college. Which might put the question is better perspective. One of the things school does is teach people how to learn (ideally, anyway). For example, you learn methods of how to solve math problems annd how to communicate, etc. Hotshot is just teaching people how to get through a particular tough situation. Ideally that person will begin to learn how to deal with some of the rougher lord situations.

My real point is that Amadeus is wrong. He seems to be championing the idea that one outcome to advice is possible. That one outcome from HotShot's advice only happens some of the time. That one outcome from Amadeus's method (learn everything yourself, shielded by a vacuum of no outside information) also happens some of the time. The opposite (the person learns how to deal with thing kind of thing faster) also happens some of the time from both ways.

Both methods are fairly complementary. If someone doesn't learn one way, they might learn in the other. Or they might not learn at all, get frustrated and leave. Or they might not learn, but meet cool people and stay in spite of this.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby HotShot on Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:50 am

Sir FB wrote:

This is "absolutely stupid" in Amadeus' lingo. You're passing off a few exceptional cases as the norm.

I happen to know quite a few people who didn't go or didn't finish school. They're working for $7-8/hour at places like WalMart, Best Buy, and Blockbuster. One of them made it to assistant manager and gets something like $12/hour.
HotShot
Humongous Black Wyre
Humongous Black Wyre

Postby Silver Girl on Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:54 am

HotShot wrote:I happen to know quite a few people who didn't go or didn't finish school. They're working for $7-8/hour at places like WalMart, Best Buy, and Blockbuster. One of them made it to assistant manager and gets something like $12/hour.

i have a college degree and my job in my field of study only pays $11 an hour. plus benefits. at night i wait tables (no schooling necessary) for 5 hours and go home with $200-300 every night at least.

but i'd never give back my 4 years of college. i loved that learning thing. and all the sex.
"i do not mean to upset people, allcock, but i have to speak my mind because what is in my mind
is always more interesting than what is happening in the world outside my mind."

-johnny depp in 'the libertine'
Silver Girl
Lay Queen
Lay Queen

Postby tikel on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:29 pm

but i'd never give back my 4 years of college. i loved that learning thing. and all the sex.

there is no better place to learn the sex then college :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
tikel
Dragon Tickler
Dragon Tickler

Postby Neon on Sun Nov 26, 2006 12:50 pm

HotShot wrote:I happen to know quite a few people who didn't go or didn't finish school. They're working for $7-8/hour at places like WalMart, Best Buy, and Blockbuster. One of them made it to assistant manager and gets something like $12/hour.

I also know a few people who DID finish college, and ended up working for $7-8/hr at Fry's and Barnes and Noble.

You can find anecdotal evidence for any point of view. But to be accurate, one should look at aggregated census data, and there they say that people with a college degree on average make $20k more a year. Just about.

There is value in learning things yourself, but really, we don't need to reinvent the wheel 450 times. I'd much rather stand on the shoulders of giants, and we're collectively getting better and learning from each other's experience and making games go quicker.

Hotshot: when are you going to sit down and document the "Mystical-first" strategy? :)
Neon
can has the last word
can has the last word

Postby YaoMing11 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:45 pm

Sir FB wrote:

Yep, you've got 3 examples of guys who became great, and there are the countless other examples of those who dropped out/didn't go to college and are now working in dead-end manual labor jobs that pay very poorly and are basically living off welfare.

The salutary effects of a college education are well established. If you doubt that you're a moron and deserve your fate.
YaoMing11
Mud Man
Mud Man

Postby the mystical one on Sun Nov 26, 2006 4:56 pm

Granted, those guys who on average make 20k more a year end up having some pretty hefty student loans to pay back on average too [insert actual statistic here].
baldninja.com
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby YaoMing11 on Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:37 pm

The Mystical One wrote:Granted, those guys who on average make 20k more a year end up having some pretty hefty student loans to pay back on average too [insert actual statistic here].

Student loans... about $100k. Even considering interest, with your $20k bonus salary per year, you'll make out with more money in the end.
YaoMing11
Mud Man
Mud Man

Postby HotShot on Sun Nov 26, 2006 6:31 pm

Using a 10% interest rate (which is pretty high), 20k a year for 30 years is worth 188k right now. 188k > 100k. With a more reasonable 5% interest rate, the value is even higher: 307k.

It doesn't end up being worth it for everyone. But on average it is. Besides, if you chose to major in English literature or comparative religion, you know you're not going to make any money coming out of school.
HotShot
Humongous Black Wyre
Humongous Black Wyre

Next

Return to Strategy