Forum Index > Strategy > How to Deal with Level 10/11

For discussing tips, strategies, and skills... Or just asking "How did you do that?"

Moderators: injektilo, Board Moderators

Postby LadyLord on Sun Nov 26, 2006 8:03 pm

YaoMing11 wrote:Yep, you've got 3 examples of guys who became great, and there are the countless other examples of those who dropped out/didn't go to college and are now working in dead-end manual labor jobs that pay very poorly and are basically living off welfare.

The salutary effects of a college education are well established. If you doubt that you're a moron and deserve your fate.

Then I guess that makes me a miniscule example of those who dropped out of college. I'm not denying that a college education would benefit my career - greatly. However, school just wasn't for me. I was one of those that rarely had to crack a book open & passed every class with A's. I tried college, really, I did. But I found it just as boring as high school, and I dropped out. I've tried going back, off and on through the years, but it still isn't for me. I may have a job that doesn't pay the best, but it's what makes me happy. And I don't do bad. I'm not ashamed to admit it - McDonald's got me where I'm at today. They saw my potential, they promoted me - and now I'm a kick-ass manager in a gas station. A college education helps you get futher yes - but while you're banging your head against the glass ceiling, and drowning your sorrows in glass after glass at a corporate party - I'll be down here laughing my ass off.

You = those who feel that a college education is the only way to get anywhere in this world! Not directed towards anyone in particular.
~The dead do not bother me. It's the living that scares the shit out of me.~
LadyLord
Double Dragon Slayer
Double Dragon Slayer

Postby Sir FB on Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:32 am

I was just down at the local independant auto repair place last week. They need another tech and they haven't been able to find anyone worth a crap in over a year. The manager told me he'd be willing to train a guy if he showed any potential at all.

I agree that statistically, college graduates make more money. But consider these two scenarios with 22 year olds. One started fixing cars, the other went to college. One is making $50K a year and has been making money for four years, one is $100K in debt and hasn't made a dime yet. If the mechanic guy is smart, he'll have his own shop before he is thirty and could be making $100K/year.
--------------------
The cheese stands alone.

Sir FB
Sir FB
Who?
Who?

Postby Silver Girl on Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:32 am

Sir FB wrote:I agree that statistically, college graduates make more money. But consider these two scenarios with 22 year olds. One started fixing cars, the other went to college. One is making $50K a year and has been making money for four years, one is $100K in debt and hasn't made a dime yet. If the mechanic guy is smart, he'll have his own shop before he is thirty and could be making $100K/year.

just like in the original game of life. you take that extra leg, dilly dallying in school, you'll be behind anyone who didn't go. you might make more, but you won't get to millionaire acres first!
"i do not mean to upset people, allcock, but i have to speak my mind because what is in my mind
is always more interesting than what is happening in the world outside my mind."

-johnny depp in 'the libertine'
Silver Girl
Lay Queen
Lay Queen

Postby SpoG on Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:43 pm

That's cheating. You're not allowed to camp at level 8 or 9 unless you're in blue realm! :rant:
Whirlwind of Insanity
SpoG
Pink Elephant
Pink Elephant

Postby RavenBF on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:09 pm

Spog.... i do hope you are being sarcastic.... but in the intrest of saving time so i dont have to chase you down and ask you personally if you were being sarcastic.... and so noobs that join dont read your comment and get confused.... i present to you the green and red realm camping rules, as they are the same for both realms, i wont double post them:

Camping

This is defined as sitting at one place in the game (level) to amass gold, experience and kills to an unnecessarily large degree, without any real progress in the game. This practice is highly frowned upon by most players, as it can disrupt the game.

Camping offenses are determined mainly by level and equipment. If you are not fighting the Red Dragon while on level 12, you are camping.

In case you didn't understand the above, this means that you should never be alive at the end of your level 12 session because you should be attacking and dying to the dragon. You do not lose experience, nad thus your opponents do not benefit from your experience by killing you, thus helping them do better than you. Hey, guess what? This is supposed to be a competitive realm, and killing a level 12 who is staying alive destroys the competitive balance.

Since the goal is to be level 12 and kill the dragon, it is sometimes okay to sit at a lower level if doing so is beneficial towards your advancement to level 12. This is why you may see people with a fair bit of experience sit at level 8 or 9.

If you have the 4mil weapon and armor or better you are sufficiently able to reach level 12 and deal with most of the monsters. Therefore if you have a Crystal Shard or Magic Protection and more than 10million experience, you will definitely be considered camping.

First offense: Level Reset
Second Offense: Character Deletion

To the mods: i am not sure if you find reposting of the rules like this annoying, if you do, i am sorry, but i do not know if spog is being sarcastic or not, as i have not had the pleasure of meeting him..... but i wanted to ensure that noobs dont get confused.
RavenBF
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby Sombra on Wed Nov 29, 2006 2:14 pm

He´s being sarcastic Raven. :)
Sombra
Corinthian Giant
Corinthian Giant

Postby the mystical one on Wed Nov 29, 2006 3:01 pm

I would hope Nightmare knows the camping rules. ;)
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby Manex on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:16 pm

I find it amusing that she adressed the mods about reposting the rules, when SpoG is a mod.
Sweet Looking Little Boy
Sweet Looking Little Boy

Postby the mystical one on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:32 pm

In all fairness, he has been on a fairly lengthy hiatus.
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby Che Guevara on Wed Nov 29, 2006 5:45 pm

I went to film school in Brazil for 4 years. Than went to a specialization of 2 years in Cuba. I almost studied "medicine" with that time. 6 not-too-long years.

But, to be a filmmaker, an artist or a thief, you only need this one thing: professional practice. Work, work, work. To make mistakes. This is the best way of learning. If you always do everything "ok", is that in your subconscious you seek to be just an average professional. Making mistakes gives you parameters to take risks.

I have a friend that couldnt pay the film school. But coincidently after he left film school he got a job as an assistant editor. In two years he became one of the most requisited editors in Sao Paulo.

To do what I do, I wouldnt have to go the film school. Learnt most technical things actually working by myself. And the greatest thing is that today i can do almost everything: to shoot (camera), to edit, to write, to produce, post-production of images and sound, and there it goes...

To edit a video my price is 50 dollars an hour, or what the guy can pay, if i dont have another client to attend... I edit fast and precisely. To work as a camera is 100 dollars a day (can be a 2 hours or a 12 hour journey).

Guys, go to the movie industry! :)!
If you want to be happy for a day, REVENGE IT
If you want to be happy for life, FORGIVE IT
Che Guevara
Sweet Looking Little Girl
Sweet Looking Little Girl

Postby Xero on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:24 pm

Well I make 26.50/hr plus 140$ a day tax free just to go to work, I have a company truck and they pay for the gas and Im home everynight. I dont have a college education... hell Im not even old enough to be in my 4th year of college yet and Im at the bottom of the stick at my job.
Xero
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby RavenBF on Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:26 pm

Manex wrote:I find it amusing that she adressed the mods about reposting the rules, when SpoG is a mod.

As my post above says.... i didnt know who he was, or if he was being sarcastic or not. it would stand to reason that if i dont know who he is, then i wouldnt know he was a mod :mrgreen:
RavenBF
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby Manex on Wed Nov 29, 2006 10:46 pm

RavenBF wrote:
Manex wrote:I find it amusing that she adressed the mods about reposting the rules, when SpoG is a mod.

As my post above says.... i didnt know who he was, or if he was being sarcastic or not. it would stand to reason that if i dont know who he is, then i wouldnt know he was a mod :mrgreen:

Haha, I'm just teasing you, my dear.
Sweet Looking Little Boy
Sweet Looking Little Boy

Postby blah on Sun Dec 03, 2006 3:18 pm

Xero wrote:Well I make 26.50/hr plus 140$ a day tax free just to go to work, I have a company truck and they pay for the gas and Im home everynight. I dont have a college education... hell Im not even old enough to be in my 4th year of college yet and Im at the bottom of the stick at my job.

Sounds like you're a trade. What/where do you work?
I'm an Electrician up north in Alberta. $44/hr, I'll clear 100k this year easy and I'm 24. I'm buying a $400,000 condo up here in May. Pretty excited about it. Also slightly petrified. I'll be starting my own contracting company next year, contracted to my current employer and to other builders up here. Should prove to be very profitable, as most of these 8 month condo jobs are turning a hefty profit.

I find it funny how this thread started as a tips for if you're stuck on lvl10 or 11, to whats better school or no school but here are my two cents:
If we're dealing with strictly salary then in the long run I think that there is a higher salary potential for someone who has a particular secondary education than someone who doesn't have any. But dealing with which is better; its so much broader than just dollars and cents. In the end I think that if you're happy with what you're doing (and can make a living off of it) that is all that matters.
blah
Rundorig
Rundorig

Postby King Crimson on Mon Dec 04, 2006 11:05 am

What the heck is "The Grimmest Reaper" and "Apparently Weak Older Woman", I've NEVER come across those two.

KC
Will: Is this song about breakfast too?
Me: No, it's about a fountain that turns whoever swims in it into a hermaphrodite.
Will: Oh...well at least I was close.
King Crimson
Empty Armor
Empty Armor
King Crimson
  @Green Realm

Postby Herb on Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:39 pm

My two cents on degree/non-degree: If you're a hard worker, you'll prosper either way. If you're lazy, you won't prosper.

Hard workers with a degree will probably make more over time, but lazy people with a degree will be outperformed by the hard worker with no degree.

There are a few exceptions regarding lazy people and prosperity, but those generally involve connections, inherited wealth and a different culture than most of us are used to. Additionally, their inability to work hard means they will not be able to prosper should they lose all their wealth, say, gambling, or marrying anonymous backup dancers, or by being double crossed in a fraud scheme.
Herb
ShadowStormWarrior
ShadowStormWarrior

Postby Xero on Mon Dec 04, 2006 4:21 pm

Where in alberta? I live in Medicine hat -smiles- you know what I do... Motor man... on a conventional single
Xero
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby LadyLord on Fri Dec 08, 2006 10:29 am

And make sure you have the proper equipment to beat Turgon, too! I made my run for twelve and got stuck at eleven because I don't have the right equipment.. :rant: Stupid, stupid Turgon.. got the XP, just not the right weapon/armor..
~The dead do not bother me. It's the living that scares the shit out of me.~
LadyLord
Double Dragon Slayer
Double Dragon Slayer

Postby HotShot on Fri Dec 08, 2006 12:35 pm

King Crimson wrote:What the heck is "The Grimmest Reaper" and "Apparently Weak Older Woman", I've NEVER come across those two.

KC

Yeah that's kind of odd - I haven't been getting those in test realm despite the 1000+ forest fights I'm able to do. TMO, have you and Nuke removed these monsters? :ehh?:
HotShot
Humongous Black Wyre
Humongous Black Wyre

Postby Herb on Fri Dec 08, 2006 2:12 pm

HotShot wrote:
King Crimson wrote:What the heck is "The Grimmest Reaper" and "Apparently Weak Older Woman", I've NEVER come across those two.

KC

Yeah that's kind of odd - I haven't been getting those in test realm despite the 1000+ forest fights I'm able to do. TMO, have you and Nuke removed these monsters? :ehh?:

I've seen Grimmest Reaper in test realm, but not Older Woman.
Herb
ShadowStormWarrior
ShadowStormWarrior

PreviousNext

Return to Strategy