Forum Index > Strategy > Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

For discussing tips, strategies, and skills... Or just asking "How did you do that?"

Moderators: injektilo, Board Moderators

Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby injektilo on Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:19 am

Recently we have had a lot of people in Red realm warned for camping. We'd prefer not to have to punish people, so I have written this quick summary of what you can do if you have been warned for camping. Please feel free to make suggestions and I can update this post.

Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

In Legend of the Red Dragon, levels 10 & 11 are not much fun. In fact, you will find that the vast majority of players will skip them altogether. The reason for this is that level 12 is actually easier to survive than 10 & 11!

Have you ever noticed there are a lot of people who stay on level 8 and then all of a sudden make a big leap to level 12? Well these people are staying on level 8, grabbing experience from player kills and skipping the level 9-11 forest completely! That way they can save lots of money (you get a good return on the level 8 forest) and they are unlikely to die in the forest each day.

So if you are currently on level 10 or 11 and don't have the experience to go to level 12, read this: How to Deal with Level 10/11. If you do have the experience, skip the forest altogether and fight the masters. If you win, great! You have reached 12! If you lose, go to the forest and try again tomorrow.

When you reach level 12 it's by no mean a piece of cake though! There are certain forest monsters you should avoid. A simple rule of thumb is this:

If you have the 1m weapon and armour (most common equipment for someone who has just reached 12) the do the following:

Fight Humongous Black Wyre, Kal Torak, The Wizard of Darkness & Black Warlock (though be careful)
Use your skills on Mutated Black Widow & Black Unicorn.
Run from all others.

If you have the 10m weapon and armour you should do much the same, though you may be able to kill Mutated Black Widow and Black Unicorn without skills. You may also consider fighting The Mighty Shadow also.

You will soon learn who to run from and who to kill. You can find a list of forest monsters and their relative strengths at the Nuklear Nuki. You will earn significantly more money on level 12 (somewhere between 3-7 million per day) than on level 11 and believe it or not, you will die in the forest less often - just know who to run from!

Once you have finished the forest, you must fight the dragon whilst on level 12. If you end the day alive on level 12, you will be warned/punished for camping. You must either die in the forest, die to the dragon or defeat the dragon (preferred option!)!
User avatar
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby Amadeus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:29 am

in the old times, we didn't need to teach people to play the game.

What kind of campers are there ? People with low experience and big weapons ?
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
User avatar
Amadeus
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow
 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2001 7:58 am
Location: Sp - Brazil

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby injektilo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:38 am

Amadeus wrote:in the old times, we didn't need to teach people to play the game.

What kind of campers are there ? People with low experience and big weapons ?


Unfortunately we had a glut of players with over 10m exp who were not levelling up. I understand your thoughts on not teaching people, but in a choice between warning/punishing/banning players and educating them, I thought this the better solution. Red realm is in desperate need of players, so I'm trying to help them all remain competitive!
User avatar
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby Amadeus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:02 am

You want them to learn ? Why waste time ?

Level them back to 1 and just say "go read the rules, you will understand why you got deleted... and I mean it, read the rules about camping, or you will probably be deleted again.Complains to mr. Amadeus.Thanks and have a nice day".

Then they would go there and read the rules and learn.They would be mad about it ?
Well, what about the people who play fair, who read the rules and are getting their game fucked by the "students" ?

Someone is gonna pay for the trouble, let the "newbies" do it.They can take days to read your message, they can read and dont give shit about it and everything you guys know I talk since 1989.



:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
User avatar
Amadeus
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow
 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2001 7:58 am
Location: Sp - Brazil

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby Sweetdays on Tue Mar 03, 2009 3:28 am

You know.... i was just thinking... that if there are that many people who don't know the rules, chances are they don't read the forums. Has anyone considered sending out PM's to each new player when they join a realm... not just to meet and greet... but also to give them an overview of the rules? It could just be a standard message... but atleast then they would have something to refer back to if they are confused. Also, it could include a link to a specific useful forum threads such as Useful Strategy Topics.

I know there was a topic discussion about a '"welcoming comittee" of some sort...not sure where we landed on that. Maybe this could be incorperated into that?
I'm sure something will be done eventually... TMO is a very busy and important avatar.
-DariusSongblade- Feb 2007
User avatar
Sweetdays
Floating Evil Eye
Floating Evil Eye
 
Posts: 977
Joined: Wed May 21, 2008 5:41 pm
Location: North of you, most likely

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby injektilo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:09 am

Sweetdays wrote:You know.... i was just thinking... that if there are that many people who don't know the rules, chances are they don't read the forums. Has anyone considered sending out PM's to each new player when they join a realm... not just to meet and greet... but also to give them an overview of the rules? It could just be a standard message... but atleast then they would have something to refer back to if they are confused. Also, it could include a link to a specific useful forum threads such as Useful Strategy Topics.

I know there was a topic discussion about a '"welcoming comittee" of some sort...not sure where we landed on that. Maybe this could be incorperated into that?


The reason behind this topic is I am posting it in the warnings that people get, so if they don't understand why they are being warned they can read this thread and understand/improve their situation.
User avatar
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby the mystical one on Tue Mar 03, 2009 6:48 am

Amadeus wrote:You want them to learn ? Why waste time ?

Level them back to 1 and just say "go read the rules, you will understand why you got deleted... and I mean it, read the rules about camping, or you will probably be deleted again.Complains to mr. Amadeus.Thanks and have a nice day".

Then they would go there and read the rules and learn.They would be mad about it ?
Well, what about the people who play fair, who read the rules and are getting their game fucked by the "students" ?

Someone is gonna pay for the trouble, let the "newbies" do it.They can take days to read your message, they can read and dont give shit about it and everything you guys know I talk since 1989.



:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:


Because they don't go and read the rules when they get reset to level 1. They just go.

It isn't like Injektilo isn't punishing the people who ignore him, and it isn't like he's giving them a week to dangle around.
Image
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
User avatar
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer
 
Posts: 7344
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2000 10:25 pm
Location: Pennsylvanialand

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby snowpeople on Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:41 am

Amadeus I like the fact that injektilo made that post. When my husband and I first joined we made loads of mistakes and some people were just like you, down right rude about it. I have no doubt that we lost a lot of people over time because of it. Thanks Tilo for taking the time to try and add to our enjoyment. ::claps:: ::claps:: ::claps:: ::claps:: ::claps::
User avatar
snowpeople
Winged Demon of Death
Winged Demon of Death
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:01 am

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby injektilo on Tue Mar 03, 2009 9:08 pm

snowpeople wrote:Amadeus I like the fact that injektilo made that post. When my husband and I first joined we made loads of mistakes and some people were just like you, down right rude about it. I have no doubt that we lost a lot of people over time because of it. Thanks Tilo for taking the time to try and add to our enjoyment. ::claps:: ::claps:: ::claps:: ::claps:: ::claps::


You're welcome!

For where you are in Red realm currently, I would highly recommend reading How to Deal with Level 10/11. This is one of the best threads on this forum and will get you to level 12 in no time! :)
User avatar
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby Amadeus on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:11 pm

The Mystical One wrote:
It isn't like Injektilo isn't punishing the people who ignore him, and it isn't like he's giving them a week to dangle around.


Hum, maybe I am afraid he becomes as fast as you used to be.
(hahaha, I am just pulling your leg, honestly)


snowpeople wrote:Amadeus I like the fact that injektilo made that post. When my husband and I first joined we made loads of mistakes and some people were just like you, down right rude about it. I have no doubt that we lost a lot of people over time because of it. Thanks Tilo for taking the time to try and add to our enjoyment. ::claps:: ::claps:: ::claps:: ::claps:: ::claps::


The people rude about are probably people who had problem because of your loads of mistakes.You problably don't even understand why, for example, camping is bad for the game, or why you can't plan to kill "your buddies" while you play, etc.You can't blame some competitive guys to be pissed about it.
This is your life, and it's ending one minute at a time.
User avatar
Amadeus
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow
 
Posts: 2377
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2001 7:58 am
Location: Sp - Brazil

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby snowpeople on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:42 am

There you go being rude again. Yes I know why I got in trouble so does my husband. DO WE PLAY THAT WAY ANY LONGER??? NO! WE DO NOT.
The fact that you or anyone else would imply that someone is not playing competitively is insulting in itself.
Who are you to decide if a player is being competitive? Currently I am having one heck of a time with 11 I have tried to get to 12 but get beat; but I will. Just because a person is not playing at your level does not mean there is any ill intentions. They could be like me still learning the game.
I am not trying to call you out or anything like that, I just think that if a person is truly trying to be competitive and loves the game why not share some wisdom as Tilo has done. In the end you end up with a better-educated group of players. If you are the competitive guys you say then I would think you would welcome the new players and want then to be the best they can be. If they are not then you are not. You are just beating up a bunch of no skills. Catch my drift?
User avatar
snowpeople
Winged Demon of Death
Winged Demon of Death
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:01 am

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby Guto Spider on Sun Mar 15, 2009 8:06 am

Amadeus for President !!!

I'm 100% with you man... if somebody has to be pissed off it should be the mtfkrs who are not playing correctly... the best way is to punish them... if they leave and never come back again that would be much better than having entire rounds screwed !!!

Instead of spoiling the game go picnic on the park with your husbunds, sisters, brothers... FUCKING CHEATERS !

:lol:
TRD Shadow v2.7 wrote:Finnish girls and vodka!!! :biggergrin:

wwwwoooowwwww yeah... fish !
User avatar
Guto Spider
Pink Elephant
Pink Elephant
 
Posts: 623
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2005 6:43 pm
Location: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby snowpeople on Wed Mar 18, 2009 3:24 pm

Hey Spider Who the hell are you to pick how a person plays. ? Thats right! your not. :rasp:
User avatar
snowpeople
Winged Demon of Death
Winged Demon of Death
 
Posts: 94
Joined: Sat May 03, 2008 11:01 am

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby HC1111 on Sun Dec 16, 2012 4:25 am

Meh. Make the game accessible and people will stick around. Sure, it's easier than Rogue, but we ain't exactly as popular as Call of Duty.
HC1111
Membrain Man
Membrain Man
 
Posts: 19
Joined: Wed Oct 29, 2003 12:00 am

Re: Avoiding Camping in Red & Green Realms

Postby injektilo on Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:05 pm

HC1111 wrote:Meh. Make the game accessible and people will stick around. Sure, it's easier than Rogue, but we ain't exactly as popular as Call of Duty.

What's not accessible about this game currently?
User avatar
injektilo
Wizard of Aus
Wizard of Aus
 
Posts: 6006
Joined: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:16 am
Location: Victoria, Australia


Return to Strategy

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron