Forum Index > Blue Realm > Round 56

Discuss the daily happenings of Nuklear LORD's Blue Realm

Moderators: ChiliCat, Board Moderators

Re: Round 56

Postby Ugly Duckling on Wed Mar 05, 2014 10:51 pm

I had a weak dragon too! :D

40/10, 3T's, and 3 pinches. Those 3 pinches were scary because I was as good as dead on nearly every attempt. But I somehow made it through it. Had a fairy but didn't need it. Then I got greedy, didn't upgrade my equipment at all and thought the fairy would get me past Halder. It didn't...I was being so greedy that I didn't even use HOTT... ugh...bad move, but who cares, I made it past the biggest hurdle.
"If organized religion is the opiate of the masses then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe." ---Kerry Thornley

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby dan on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:48 am

Ha ha, Hitch!! Finally!

Dan
dan
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Dan
  @Green Realm

Postby Cocacola on Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:08 pm

dan wrote:Ha ha, Hitch!! Finally!

Dan

:)!
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby dan on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:22 pm

Camp champion... couldn't have done it without Campee and Hitch!

Now, Campee, where is your Death Sword? I want to have some fun ;) that would make every fight 50/50 I think.

Dan
dan
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Dan
  @Green Realm

Postby Saxypad on Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:35 pm

dan wrote:Camp champion... couldn't have done it without Campee and Hitch!

Now, Campee, where is your Death Sword? I want to have some fun ;) that would make every fight 50/50 I think.

Dan

The LORD Gods have not been kind to me this round.. no bank doubles, so it forced my hand to spend my cash upgrading to keep ahead of Hitch... I don't see any competition from me at all.
Saxypad
Headbanger of the West
Headbanger of the West

Postby dan on Mon Mar 10, 2014 10:39 pm

It would be awesome if Hitch went to 7. Then I could yank him like crazy.

Maybe I can trick him into it with an in-game mail.

Dan
dan
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Dan
  @Green Realm

Postby Cocacola on Mon Mar 17, 2014 7:56 pm

dan wrote:It would be awesome if Hitch went to 7. Then I could yank him like crazy.

Maybe I can trick him into it with an in-game mail.

Dan

Don't hold your breath! ::pale::
Cocacola
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Ugly Duckling on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:35 pm

WARNING: SEVERE WHINING BELOW

Okay what is up with this? Every time we play a round I have to deal with an average downtime of 3 days trying to get past Gandalf and Turgon. This doesn't happen sometimes... it happens ALL THE TIME. Okay sure...I have had a handful of lucky times where I sailed right past them or didn't have too much trouble with them. But give or take, more often than not...I struggle a lot with them.

I would really like to know if I am doing something wrong. Pretty sure I am not...because I can stay in the top ten or top five, but then when it comes time to deal with them my ranking begins to suffer.
"If organized religion is the opiate of the masses then disorganized religion is the marijuana of the lunatic fringe." ---Kerry Thornley

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

Postby Mudpie on Mon Mar 17, 2014 11:19 pm

And I thought buying a 10 million armor would prevent me from being surprised-one shot by strong level 12 creatures. After trying to run and being severely wounded by a cyclop warrior, I almost died to a humongous black myre (I couldn't believe it). Mutated Black Widow decided to end the nightmare and it wasn't even a powermove. Twice this round... :rant:

There are those days where every creature just seems more powerful than usual.
Mudpie
Small Bear
Small Bear

Postby dan on Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:45 am

I midnight yanked 3d Hitch yesterday. I'll be happy with that. Probably won't get the chance again!

Dan
dan
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Dan
  @Green Realm

Postby exitzero on Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:04 pm

It's so awesome that not only we have 3 campers virtually unkillable stealing all the kills, we also have all the regular suiciders suiciding to them! YES!!!! SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!!

THIS IS THE PERFECT STRATEGY THAT WILL KEEP THE ALREADY SUPER LOW PLAYER POPULATION AROUND!!!!!

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK GUYS!
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby dan on Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:36 pm

Agreed - it's probably a net negative.

Any changes we could make to Blue to discourage this?

One problem is that I actually knew how to camp properly -- and this is my first and last time camping of any sort.

Dan
dan
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Dan
  @Green Realm

Postby exitzero on Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:45 pm

Seriously man, this is really pissing me off... I've thought about leaving cause of all of this pointless "bending the rules" shit that has been going on for months now.

Just because it's "not against the rules" doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to annoy most everyone else in the realm and make the rounds a tedious experience for everyone else... I've watched the population drop from over 100 players to the pathetic number we have these days... I wonder why...

Whatever... :roll:
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby dan on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:20 pm

Your 'whatever' isn't going to bring any improvement. Let's try again.

No one in Blue is bending the rules, for any definition of 'bending'. Camping is allowed, period.

I agree it is probably not what we want happening.

Is the problem lessened by being able to play in multiple realms? Playing in Blue doesn't prevent you from playing in Green.

For the record, I camped this round because I was getting frustrated by the other campers that I could never kill. So I understand that I'm part of the problem this round. Now I have it out of my system.

Would a realm where everyone camps be interesting? Perhaps there could be a realm where the goal is to have the most kills by the end of it? i.e. change the winning criterion so that camping is a legitimate way to win in a specific realm.

In other words: camping isn't going away (unless the admins delete us). Maybe the solution is to legitimize it in its own realm and let the campers go crazy.

Dan
dan
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Dan
  @Green Realm

Postby exitzero on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:26 pm

When I said "bend the rules" I wasn't talking about just camping, I was talking about all the other stuff that has happened in the past year or so that made the game "less than enjoyable" for everyone else... not just camping, and not just in the Blue Realm. Sorry, I should have clarified.

But yeah, camping's allowed in blue; keep on keeping on. Soon enough, 75% of the realm will be doing it. Just because we can. I wouldn't be surprised if we're down to under thirty players by that point.

I didn't mean to start an argument. This is nothing personal against you or anyone. I am just frustrated because I am a competitive player and this is becoming insanely tedious.

But if it continues in this asinine intensity, I can almost assure that I will no longer play in blue. And just because I'm the only one complaining, the majority of anyone anywhere tends not to complain. They just leave, and don't come back. So there's that.

But yeah, just my two cents. I'll go be among the quiet ones now.
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby exitzero on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:52 pm

Dan, Could you at least please get a room at the inn so anyone higher than level 9 can't suicide to you? That would be much appreciated.

Also, the whole logging back in thing after you played your day just to kill more people really frustrates me. It's hard enough to progress through the game with so many people suiciding as it is.

If you don't want to stop that, I suppose I'll have to live with it... but if you could get a room after you play, I would greatly appreciate that.
exitzero
Weak Orc
Weak Orc
Amanda
  @Red Realm

Postby the mystical one on Wed Mar 19, 2014 7:19 am

It's one of those things where it's not really the camping that is the problem, it is the 'suiciding.' In a full realm, that's not so much of an issue; it's only when the realm is this low on population that each death by camper has a noticeable impact.

That said, I can't really make 'suiciding' against the rules; probably most people are really just trying to kill the camper and get the big exp (which is the best way to advance in blue since forever).

If someone could add two hours to the day, I'll get back to the rewrite and probably add some tweaks to equipment-purchasing to limit the camping potential. (I'd say donations would also prompt me to get moving again, but I'm not actually sure that'd be true until customers stop giving my company work for me to do.)
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby dan on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:36 am

Hey Exit,

Good point. The suiciders were killing a semi-camper, getting tons of exp, then suiciding to me to remove the exp from the pool. Done.

Dan
dan
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Dan
  @Green Realm

Postby Ether on Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:31 pm

Quick notice: I agree with everything exitzero said.

Then another thing for the rewrite: Prevent logging back in for 1 minute after you log out. If someone doesn't know why, it's to prevent this:

1. Player 1 plays his day
2. Player 1 logs out
3. Player 2 logs in
4. Player 1 instantly logs back in before Player 2 kills him
5. Both players wait 25 minutes for other to leave
6. Player 1 understands that Player 2 isn't going to leave
7. Player 1 suicides to the forest as he saved few FF's for this purpose
8. Player 2 logs out without the needed XP and does something meaningful with his life
Ether
King Vidion
King Vidion

Postby Ugly Duckling on Wed Mar 19, 2014 3:38 pm

I also agree with everything exitzero said. This is getting out of control. In particular, when you (Dan and other campers) make it your GOAL to hoard and steal all the available EXP you can get your hands on it is abusive and spiteful of others who are TRYING to play the game the way it was meant to be played.

This is pretty simple really...

BAN CAMPING ALTOGETHER SO WE CAN ENJOY THIS GAME AGAIN! PLEASE!

Ugly Duckling
Mutated Black Widow
Mutated Black Widow

PreviousNext

Return to Blue Realm