Forum Index > Red Realm > Round 47

Discussion forum for the heavy-competition area, the Red Realm

Moderator: Board Moderators

Re: Round 47

Postby sensitive on Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:16 am

Lost to Turgon with 4/4 good god just end my lord career now please.
sensitive
Winged Demon of Death
Winged Demon of Death

Postby Mischief T. Maker on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:16 am

Jessrond wrote:Fucking BULLSHIT Gameplay, one of the permanoobs gets into a duel with me when I'm in the forest and I end up pressing A before I can even run.

Permanoob = bad players who attack King Vidion, Earth Shaker, etc.

::violin::

But the permanoob got you, no? I mean, isn't that the premise of red realm? Blindsides suck, (I can surely empathize!) but it's part of the deal in red. Would you not have done the same to the permanoob if the opportunity presented itself?

A person takes a large degree of risk in losing a valuable pf pursuing an online duel though and for that reason, I try to refrain from that. I'm a stalker! :twisted:
The only way I would try an online duel was if I was confident that I could take an opponent out in one hit if I got the first strike.

However, with the rather small playing field in red realm this round, I can't say as I blame the player. If he/she got ya, I tip my hat to him/her...(I need to catch up!! lol)

But, if it makes you feel any better, I got sucker punched by MBW in an opening surprise powermove after about 5 or 6 ff's today. ::banghead::
And close your eyes with holy dread,
For he on honey-dew hath fed,
And drunk the milk of Paradise.

from "Kubla Khan or A Vision in a Dream" by Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Mischief T. Maker
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby Maverick1978 on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:49 am

Nah what makes him feel better is netting a kill that gives him more XP in one day than I've been able to get in 4 days of stalking the 3-5 players in the realm with usable XP on my way to 12!

Damn...where's a permanoob camper when you need him to take out your competition!? ;)

Also, I'm with mtm... I'm a stalker too. Online dueling is only really useful for higher-level players to assassinate someone post-DK to ruin their day. And that's such an assholish move that while I realize that it's encouraged by the rules and many of the top players, I won't take part in it. Though, even with that rule, there is a single exception made... for paybacks.
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby Jessrond on Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:01 pm

sensitive wrote:Lost to Turgon with 4/4 good god just end my lord career now please.

NO! STAY :cry: :cry:
Jessrond
Wans Beast
Wans Beast
Chad Vader
  @Blue Realm
Itchman
  @Green Realm
Halder
  @Red Realm

Postby a fishstick on Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:10 pm

Since naLLe alluded to it in the blue thread (referencing Neon having to wait for 40/10), this was my last DK in red:

::king::
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby Mischief T. Maker on Sun Mar 25, 2012 7:30 am

Wow, since we're spilling our guts (no pun intended), I've been sitting at 40/10 for days...I haven't seen any damn fairies, no skill events, I'm a long way yet from a LS, Seth hasn't shown me the majik, (arsehole) and the damned MBW's are having a free for all with me in the forest, drawing 1st (& last) blood on me..damn those surprise power moves!

I've only missed two days of play, but I have fallen by the wayside...sheesh.. I know, I know...

::violin::

Mischief T. Maker
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby Maverick1978 on Sun Mar 25, 2012 11:10 pm

Heh. I've been trying for a horse kill. Damn thing won't die!
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby Einherjar on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:29 am

Wizard of Darkness just stole my fairy. ::banghead:: Took a decent swipe at it before it power moved me. I needed a teensy bit more damage than the weakest possible pinch would do. But I failed to kill it, and it hit me back with a hard enough blow to take the fairy. I've had a lot of luck this round, and most of it has been bad. Almost as bad as anaboly's.
----------
That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable.
Einherjar
ShadowStormWarrior
ShadowStormWarrior

Postby Maverick1978 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:27 am

Hah! I think gambling up to 100/10 in a matter of what? 4 days? more than makes up for his bad luck ;) Not to mention that in a realm where there is virtually no viable experience, he's twice made the run from 2-6 in 2 days post-DK. I've been relatively quick getting from 8-12, but I'd love to have a round where I'm not spending 4 days getting to 8 for lack of XP!

This isn't to imply that he hasn't had his share of bad luck, of course... only to point out that he seems to have had his share of good luck :)
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby Mischief T. Maker on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:18 am

Hmm..100/10 seems a bit excessive to me, but with my luck in red, I'd probably need it too.

Over in the test realm, I've had better luck with skill events, bank doubles, etc., today in test, I got the princess 3 times today, a horse, fairy, and bank double. I went 40/40 and blew the dragon away without losing horse or fairy. Of course, all of those gems were a big plus!

In red on the other hand, I'm still not getting help from seth, skill events, olivia, nada! I will finally earn my LS tomorrow just by virtue of playing and no thanks to the wizard.

Looks like I am out of the race for sure, I'm just hoping I'll get 3 DK's before this round is over.

Mischief T. Maker
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby a fishstick on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:58 pm

The real beauty of the 100/10 is that two-three days before I got it, I had 40/10. Figuring that was more than enough for the DK, I gambled up to 50mil then got a BD. Heh. I almost gambled with the 50 to make 100, but remembered I hadn't heard Seth. Then I sold the Niras', got 20mil, and gambling didn't pay off for me that well that time. ::dasha::

The big coup was still the 24 mil to 38 mil, then 2 mil more for 40, in my opinion.

Double powermove by Belar today, though. First FF. ::banghead::

That's the first time that gambling ever netted me a positive gain. Every other time I do it, I end up in the red.

Red will last at least two more weeks. Plenty of time for catch up.
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby sensitive on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:30 am

This must be a new record or something wow.. so after like two weeks of being stuck at level 11, I see Sardonyx sitting in the field due to him being idle for three days. I T move him and finally take out Turgon. After clearing out my FF on level 12, I attack the dragon. A note, I had just gotten a horse like yesterday.

On the first attack I get a horse kill. The same day I got to level 12 is the same day I got my second DK. Seriously like Jess said, the Universe is just paying back for how shitty this round has been to me. Shits like cheating how does this happen? Best day of my lord career ever.
sensitive
Winged Demon of Death
Winged Demon of Death

Postby Mischief T. Maker on Tue Mar 27, 2012 10:10 am

Congrats on finally making it out of that level 11 hell! At least somebody got some justice today. Me? Same ol' shit, different day.

MischiefTMaker has been killed by The Mighty Shadow!
"This was some strange circumcising, I must admit," MischiefTMaker informs.

C'mon, really?!! TMS??? I nearly dealt him a death blow on the first hit and then he powermoved me into oblivion. And this on the 3rd ff of the day. Damn, it's not like I'm new to this game. Been playing since x286's ruled the world on the BBS Wolf 359. Granted, I took a very long hiatus, but this is newbie rookie shit. :rant:

At least sensitive finally had a good day and that leaves me optimistic. :)!

Back to the drawing board.

Mischief T. Maker
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby a fishstick on Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:28 pm

TMS is one of those monsters that I used to fight and now I just run from it, unless I have 40/x or 100/x. I guess you can still get unlucky though. (x==1mil or 10mil armor.) The gold payout just isn't that good. Then again, I do fight it from time to time with 10/10, if I'm short gold for an upgrade by only a little.

I'm going to quote this for posterity, before it disappears into the vast wasteland of Daily News past:

Sensitive's coup de grace wrote:** sensitive said YES to Dave MagaDan's marriage proposal! **
-=-=-=-
sensitive has killed Sardonyx!
"At least I have honor, something you cannot say, sensitive,"
Sardonyx rebukes.
-=-=-=-
sensitive has beaten Turgon!
She has become the Ultimate Warrior!
-=-=-=-
sensitive Announces:
IM OUT OF LEVEL 11 HELL!
-=-=-=-
sensitive has slain the Red Dragon and become a hero

::claps:: ::claps::
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby Mischief T. Maker on Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:12 pm

anaboly wrote:TMS is one of those monsters that I used to fight and now I just run from it, unless I have 40/x or 100/x. I guess you can still get unlucky though. (x==1mil or 10mil armor.) The gold payout just isn't that good. Then again, I do fight it from time to time with 10/10, if I'm short gold for an upgrade by only a little.

Yep, if I have minimum weapon and armor for lvl 12, I avoid TMS, but I figured I had him licked with 40/10. Been having no trouble whatsoever with him before today with that, but damn did he pull a surprise on me this time! I definitely will be more wary and not take TMS for granted again.

Mischief T. Maker
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby sensitive on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:15 am

anaboly wrote:TMS is one of those monsters that I used to fight and now I just run from it, unless I have 40/x or 100/x. I guess you can still get unlucky though. (x==1mil or 10mil armor.) The gold payout just isn't that good. Then again, I do fight it from time to time with 10/10, if I'm short gold for an upgrade by only a little.

I'm going to quote this for posterity, before it disappears into the vast wasteland of Daily News past:

Sensitive's coup de grace wrote:** sensitive said YES to Dave MagaDan's marriage proposal! **
-=-=-=-
sensitive has killed Sardonyx!
"At least I have honor, something you cannot say, sensitive,"
Sardonyx rebukes.
-=-=-=-
sensitive has beaten Turgon!
She has become the Ultimate Warrior!
-=-=-=-
sensitive Announces:
IM OUT OF LEVEL 11 HELL!
-=-=-=-
sensitive has slain the Red Dragon and become a hero

::claps:: ::claps::

YAY TEAM AZ
sensitive
Winged Demon of Death
Winged Demon of Death

Postby Maverick1978 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 7:50 am

Finally got my horse kill! Now let's see how quickly I can play catch-up to Fish...
Maverick1978
Madman
Madman

Postby a fishstick on Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:27 pm

Bluto, sorry I snubbed you. ::doh::
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby Mischief T. Maker on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:10 am

Ok..today I pulled a newbie rookie move. ::banghead:: I hate to confess it, but here goes..

Walking through the forest when I crossed paths with the MBW who surprised me and knocked me down to around 550 +/-. What did I do? I panicked like a little school girl. Actually worse than that, 'cause I know some little school girls that that would be an insult to. I went into flight mode forgetting what weapon & armor I actually have and depressed the (R) key.

How'd that work out? It's in the daily news, sad to say. Stoopid MTM, stoopid. ::banghead::

I've got to stop playing before I've had an entire pot of coffee. Half asleep at the wheel is getting me nowhere fast.

Yesterday, I had a pretty good day. Still haven't seen the wizard and the LS remains bloody elusive. But when I fought the dragon, I came awfully close to having freshly fileted dragon. A fairy or the LS would have done the job maybe. MAYBE! lol.

See you guys tomorrow..(hopefully) - M.T.M.

Mischief T. Maker
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth

Postby -=- napkin -=- on Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:18 pm

Turgon completely shut me down with 4M/1M.
Now I am on Level 11 with less than 10M Exp.
This is the karma I get for stalking level 2 and 3 for PKs from level 8.
-=- napkin -=-
Winged Demon of Death
Winged Demon of Death

PreviousNext

Return to Red Realm