Forum Index > Fair play > Double kill in blue

Someone breaking the rules? Need to vent about it? Duelkilled unfairly? Talk about it here. Anything regarding rules, rulebreaking, or bugs should go here.

Moderators: ChiliCat, Board Moderators

Double kill in blue

Postby tomal on Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 am

decoyboy has killed Keu!
Keu has killed Dan in self defence!
"I hope the ivy grows around your rotting body, Keu,"
laughs decoyboy.
-=-=-=-
"even with lightshield!"
-=-=-=-
decoyboy has killed Keu!
Keu cries bitterly.

decoyboy breaking the rules here by killing Keu twice.
tomal
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth
Tomal
  @Blue Realm
Tomal
  @Green Realm
Tomal
  @Red Realm

Re: Double kill in blue

Postby keu on Wed Nov 13, 2013 12:11 pm

I've encountered that two people can simultaneously kill someone by attacking at the exact same time.. But one person making two kills? :unsure

Also, I'm dancing with joy to get that lucky SD kill and over 10M. :dancing:
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm

Postby tomal on Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:06 am

decoyboy leveled to 12 today and it looks to me like the extra experience from the double kill didn't play any role. In that sense nothing bad happened, but it still didn't go by the rules.
tomal
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth
Tomal
  @Blue Realm
Tomal
  @Green Realm
Tomal
  @Red Realm

Postby keu on Thu Nov 14, 2013 9:40 am

tomal wrote:decoyboy leveled to 12 today and it looks to me like the extra experience from the double kill didn't play any role. In that sense nothing bad happened, but it still didn't go by the rules.

Not sure what his initial state was, but I'd assume that he got the second kill after my SD kill had added to my experience. And since decoyboy ended up with slightly above 15M exp, getting around 5.5 M from me (since I was left at 11,1 M), the second kill just might've gotten him over 10 million. Even if he had gotten over 10M with the first kill, he failed his Turgon fight yesterday, and would've not had enough exp for another try - roughly calculated. Not that I suffered myself, but I'd like some admin comment here. To me it seems he got quite a benefit with this..
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm

Postby tomal on Thu Nov 14, 2013 10:42 am

keu wrote:
tomal wrote:decoyboy leveled to 12 today and it looks to me like the extra experience from the double kill didn't play any role. In that sense nothing bad happened, but it still didn't go by the rules.

Not sure what his initial state was, but I'd assume that he got the second kill after my SD kill had added to my experience. And since decoyboy ended up with slightly above 15M exp, getting around 5.5 M from me (since I was left at 11,1 M), the second kill just might've gotten him over 10 million. Even if he had gotten over 10M with the first kill, he failed his Turgon fight yesterday, and would've not had enough exp for another try - roughly calculated. Not that I suffered myself, but I'd like some admin comment here. To me it seems he got quite a benefit with this..

Not completely sure about the numbers myself. The first kill definitely brought him over 10M yesterday. The second kill was after the SD kill was added to your xp. I think he got about 6.2M from that. 600k of that was lost when he died yesterday. Today he started the day with 15.9M, which is 5.6M too much, but still 300k on the safe side if I got the other figures right.
tomal
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth
Tomal
  @Blue Realm
Tomal
  @Green Realm
Tomal
  @Red Realm

Postby a fishstick on Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:18 pm

I think it should have been adjusted. I didn't want to punish for something on his first offense. As it stands, I can't get into player stats to modify them accordingly anyway. If I could, I already would have. Someone PM TMO and let's see what he has to say. I saw this yesterday, for what it's worth, and looked at my options. Seeing that I could only do grievous harm, I opted out. :-|
a fishstick
Slock
Slock

Postby the mystical one on Fri Nov 15, 2013 10:16 am

A bit too late to try to figure out how to adjust. Did this allow him to get to level 12?
baldninja.com
If your intended destination is suddenly vaporized, consider pulling over and watching the cool light show.
the mystical one
Triple Dragon Slayer
Triple Dragon Slayer

Postby keu on Fri Nov 15, 2013 11:21 am

That's the problem, it's a borderline case. See my and Tomal's calculations above. If he would've taken more than two days to beat Turgon, it would've been definite gain.

Since there's apparently no way to tell now, I'd say a warning would suffice as a 1st offence. He maybe got some advantage, nobody directly suffered, and I'd prefer letting someone guilty get away with it than punishing someone innocent (or in this case, applying a too hard punishment).
keu
Silent Death
Silent Death
Keu
  @Blue Realm
Keu
  @Green Realm
Keu
  @Red Realm

Postby tomal on Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:20 pm

the mystical one wrote:A bit too late to try to figure out how to adjust. Did this allow him to get to level 12?

It is not hard to figure out, but I don't think it is worth the bother to adjust anymore if he is legitimately on 12.

keu wrote:That's the problem, it's a borderline case. See my and Tomal's calculations above. If he would've taken more than two days to beat Turgon, it would've been definite gain.

Since there's apparently no way to tell now, I'd say a warning would suffice as a 1st offence. He maybe got some advantage, nobody directly suffered, and I'd prefer letting someone guilty get away with it than punishing someone innocent (or in this case, applying a too hard punishment).

Don't know about that. I suppose it isn't too difficult to find the numbers needed and the math is simple: just check that his xp when he beat turgon >= 10M + 0.9 * xp gained from the second kill. I agree that any real punishment would be harsh if no unfair advantage was gained or if that can't be easily verified. A warning might be appropriate to give a strong message: don't do this again.

Losing to Turgon one more time would have set him below the threshold for sure and that could have been a messy situation. If he was aware of the problem at that time he probably couldn't calculate himself how much more experience is needed to be "safe"(unless he had been playing with LordBot, which logs all the information needed). If he wasn't aware/made aware of the situation and took advantage of the extra xp without knowing it, it wouldn't have been exactly nice to hand a "delayed" penalty after taking no action for two days.
tomal
Manoken Sloth
Manoken Sloth
Tomal
  @Blue Realm
Tomal
  @Green Realm
Tomal
  @Red Realm

Return to Fair play